Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > New Jersey HomeBrew Forum > Central Jersey Homebrewers Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2012, 10:55 AM   #51
hoppyhoppyhippo
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 266 Times on 219 Posts
Likes Given: 80

I'm from New Brunswick but not in the City, basically stuck in that no man's land where I'm about a mile or 2 from North Brunswick, East Brunswick and Edison.

Reading through the thread I find it enjoyable that people debate so heavily what's North, South, and Central Jersey. It's like being in a real discussion. I like to think of Central Jersey as Middlesex, Mercer, Monmouth, and Somerset, then parts of Ocean, Union, and Hunterdon. But then again I think of certain parts of Burlington as Central Jersey as well.

As far as clubs, I haven't joined any yet, I'm working as a homebrewer myself but also with my brother so I think we'll look at joining one together but I'm not sure. Depends on if we can get our schedules to mesh with a homebrew club's schedule

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2012, 04:10 PM   #52
Willum
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I moved from clark/rahway to south river. So, i am like miles south of my old town. I always thought of rahway as north Jersey.

Old 12-29-2012, 01:34 PM   #53
patthebrewer
Manasquan River Brewing LLC
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 52 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 141

Checking in from Wall (Allenwood).....thought about joining a club. I also thought about joining njcrabz but I heard there gone now. Jill from BA said the guy who used to run it, got a job as a brewer at Carton.

ManasquanRiverBrewingllc@outlook.com

"Maker of the Original "Manasquan River Paddle", an all hand made, hand shaped & contoured, mash paddle. Designed for home brewers by a brewer"

Available thru the Fine Folks at MoreBeer! Inc., and Love2Brew.com.

Also available thru select Local Home Brew Stores
World Wide.

Wholesale inquiries welcome.

Like us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ManasquanRiverBrewingLLC?ref=hl

Old 12-30-2012, 11:29 PM   #54
BridgewaterBrewer
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 115

Hey, I've been brewing since March, located in Bridgewater (obviously, based on my handle). Thinking about going to a WHALES meeting too. Also wanted to let the Central Jersey brewers know about a relatively new homebrew shop in New Brunswick. Good prices, nice guys, and they have samples on tap. And no, I don't work there.
http://www.love2brew.com/

Old 12-31-2012, 03:03 AM   #55
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 984 Times on 656 Posts
Likes Given: 28

That's technically North Brunswick but close enough.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Old 12-31-2012, 04:16 PM   #56
BridgewaterBrewer
Recipes 

Thanks for the correction Bobby M. I've also been looking for a local club and although Ferment the World website seems outdated, they are active on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...eworld?fref=ts
According to facebook page, their next meeting will be the January 7th at 7:30PM at Harvest Moon

Old 12-31-2012, 06:26 PM   #57
hoppyhoppyhippo
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 266 Times on 219 Posts
Likes Given: 80

I've met some guys at Ferment the World, they're cool people. The did a brewing thing at love2brew like a week after Sandy with some of the guys there and they're all really chill guys.

Old 01-01-2013, 05:01 PM   #58
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 984 Times on 656 Posts
Likes Given: 28

I know of few of the regulars at Ferment the World but just to clarify, they are more of a casual regular meet-up vs. a formal club. Everyone has their own preferences of course so that very well might be what you guys are looking for. The Whales collect dues, run regular projects, structured tasting exercises, competitions, own a 2BBL portable brew house, etc.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Old 01-01-2013, 05:33 PM   #59
BridgewaterBrewer
Recipes 

Thanks Hoppy. I'm going to get over to a meeting once I get another brew or two bottled.
Thanks for the info Bobby. Given my other committments and the fact that I'm still getting up to speed, a more casual group is probably better for me, for now. I definitely could see myself working up to the WHALES club though.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:16 PM   #60
Hoplander
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_M View Post
I know of few of the regulars at Ferment the World but just to clarify, they are more of a casual regular meet-up vs. a formal club. Everyone has their own preferences of course so that very well might be what you guys are looking for. The Whales collect dues, run regular projects, structured tasting exercises, competitions, own a 2BBL portable brew house, etc.
If you're in the Woodbridge area, the WHALES are a great club. I went to a meeting a few months ago and really like what they're doing up there. Unfortunately, I'm in Toms River and I'm not sure I can commit to getting up to Woodbridge even once a month.

Anyone know of any good clubs in the Toms River/Ocean/Monmouth area?

Quick Reply