Central Jersey Homebrewers Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
people from south jersey will say brick is north jersey lol i have the unique luxury of being from all three parts of the state depending on who you ask.

i prefer to go by the nj waterfowl zone map uses 195 70 and the parkway to divide the state north south and coastal.:drunk:

I'm in Hoboken, does that count as South Jersey? I kinda jump around between here, New Brunswick, and Bergen County

I've always gone by monmouth county is mostly central, anything above the raritan river is north jersey, and lakewood and down is south jersey

To clarify anyone living in ocean county, Brick or Toms River live in central NJ. Everyone from here knows that 732 is central. South Jersey starts at the 609, area code that is.

Everything's great at Exit 8! (off the turnpike, of course).

Also applicable... "Route 130; its so dirty!"

Bobby_M said:
Ok, if we are going with exits, I'm 10 tnpk, 9 287.

BTW, I offer cash discounts for local pickup of anything in my online shop.

Was gonna ask that have a couple kettles that need sight glasses.

To clarify anyone living in ocean county, Brick or Toms River live in central NJ. Everyone from here knows that 732 is central. South Jersey starts at the 609, area code that is.

Princeton and Trenton are South Jersey then? I'm in Burlington, not originally from Jersey, so I don't have a clue. :mug:

Ok, if we are going with exits, I'm 10 tnpk, 9 287.

BTW, I offer cash discounts for local pickup of anything in my online shop.

I've got two vessels that need sight glasses along with a valve for the Hot water tank. But I'm still too chicken to drill the holes.

Outside of Princeton here. I think parts of Mercer county are central too. I'm at the western end of 33 and consider it central but admittedly it's the southern part :)

I don't belong. I have too many time committments as it is already. I do frequently auto-delete emails from the PALE ALES club though.

I'm from Clark, NJ also... though trying to move out of home probally to somehwere else in N. Jersey.

Was going to join WHALES but started working on a job in NY and couldn't make it back for meetings... in Grad school now and the one class i'm taking is convienently on the same night of the week as their meetings. =/ Maybe in a few years after I get outta school.

Long Hill Township here. Not in a brew club yet.

Since I grew up in Montvale (172 on the pkwy), I thought anything from the Driscoll Bridges South was "down the shore". Though after living in Colonia for several years I agree that central NJ includes Monmouth county, Middlesex county and Mercer. Everything else is South or North. JMHO! cheers!

Edison newbie here.

How many of you local guys are in brew clubs? Which ones.
Are the WHALES meetings usually packed Bobby?

Also, I may hit you up about some fittings after I pick up my pots from the group buy... since were practically neighbors and all lol:p

Noob from Neptune but I work in Mount Holly. Is there a listing of homebrew clubs in jersey (primarily central area, only list I found was for really north or really south)?

Just finished my second batch of extract, figured I would do quite a few more extract before switching to all-grain/partial/or BIAB but would love to join one in the future to gain a bit more knowledge.

Newbie from Union Beach. 2nd batch is currently in primary and I'll probably look to join a club soon so I can learn more and eventually move on to AG, etc. I assume WHALES would make the most sense for me. That's the one that meets at JJ Bittings, correct?

Back