Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > New Jersey HomeBrew Forum > Best online retailers for NJ area?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2013, 03:06 PM   #11
Kalvaroo
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I'm lucky enough to have family that brews in Milwaukee, WI and had the chance to visit the Northern Brewer there. So I've been somewhat spoiled. Here's some pictures from their self-service grain room.

photo-1.jpg   photo-2.jpg   photo-3.jpg   photo-4.jpg   photo-5.jpg  

Old 10-20-2013, 03:36 PM   #12
craigger64
Recipes 

Liked 39 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppyhoppyhippo View Post
love2brew is an NJ based company who sells from their warehouse either in person or online. They ship free on many things over 75 bucks too.

If you want to check them out

LINK

I've been going there pretty much since they opened up and have always been happy. They're also the only place you can order East Coast Yeast online and get it shipped anywhere.
+1

I have heard nothing but GREAT things about love2brew. I don't use them but i know someone who uses them exclusively. Check them out if you can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2013, 05:41 PM   #13
lowtones84
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 84 Times on 71 Posts
Likes Given: 214

I will definitely use love2brew at some point, but I'm gonna check out the shop at gaslight this first time because right now all I need is some caps and starsan, and my birthday is coming up this week so a trip to the brewpub one evening might be cool

Thanks to everybody for the suggestions!

Old 10-25-2013, 02:08 AM   #14
hoppyhoppyhippo
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 274 Times on 225 Posts
Likes Given: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvaroo View Post
Yeah, but i've recently been using them more often. They're really friendly and they'll get whatever you need, as long as you call ahead or stop in, they can order it for you. Their prices are good, I just picked up a 50lb sack of 2-row from them and 5lbs of rye. I'll call ahead now, but sometimes I feel bad taking most of their stock of specialty grains.
That's odd. Honestly I've never done anything too crazy in the times I've shopped there. My brother lives in Freehold I live in New Brunswick so we're both about equidistant from Brewers App and Love2Brew but we've enjoyed the quality of the extract from Love2Brew more. We're into partial mash but even when we did steeping grains and extract there was a more noticeable twang from Brewers App's LME vs Love2Brew's DME. Once Love2Brew posted on facebook that they don't charge sales tax for brewing ingredients we made the full love2brew switch. We walk in with our list of ingredients and they're usually all there. I usually double check online for what I want before going in.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:34 PM   #15
jafo28
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 47 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppyhoppyhippo View Post
That's odd. Honestly I've never done anything too crazy in the times I've shopped there. My brother lives in Freehold I live in New Brunswick so we're both about equidistant from Brewers App and Love2Brew but we've enjoyed the quality of the extract from Love2Brew more. We're into partial mash but even when we did steeping grains and extract there was a more noticeable twang from Brewers App's LME vs Love2Brew's DME. Once Love2Brew posted on facebook that they don't charge sales tax for brewing ingredients we made the full love2brew switch. We walk in with our list of ingredients and they're usually all there. I usually double check online for what I want before going in.
They never should have been charging sales tax. There is no sales tax on food in NJ, and thats what your brewing ingredients are.

Droop Stop Brewing Co. Founded July 2010

Old 01-15-2014, 04:13 PM   #16
OctoBrew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I also live in montclair and i find that Midwest is the best. shipping times and amount of inventory. ive been screwed a couple of times from northern brewer and never tried morebeer. I also like midwest's website the best!

Old 01-15-2014, 04:45 PM   #17
JoeSpartaNJ
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Midwest and northern brewer are for the most part one in the same.

If I order anything online, I go through More Beer (now in PA and 1 day shipping) or Williams Brewing.

Old 01-18-2014, 11:23 PM   #18
kman6234
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 17

I've been using morebeer almost all the time now that they have the east coast warehouse

On Deck: Jamil's Evil Twin
Primary: N/A
Conditioning:Bohemian Pilsner
On Tap:Win-Sane IPA #3, Double Minor Dubbel

"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
-Dave Barry

Old 02-18-2014, 03:07 AM   #19
truekey
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Hey bud. Look up Corrados for home brew supplies. They're on the border of Passaic and Paterson which isn't a very far trek from MSU or Montclair in general.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Old 02-20-2014, 12:55 PM   #20
jtex
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

There is a nice place near me in Freehold called Brewers Apprentice. You can order equipment/ingredients off of their website. www.brewapp.com

Quick Reply