Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > New Jersey HomeBrew Forum > Any NJ brewers fermenting a lager right now?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2009, 07:23 PM   #1
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 932 Times on 619 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Default Any NJ brewers fermenting a lager right now?

Ok, sure this is a longshot but I'm getting desperate. The whales club is doing 45 gallons of Bock via steinbier method this coming Sunday and while I have a few slurries of yeast in the fridge, I'm concerned that I won't have enough for the volume we're using. If you have any kind of European lager fermenting away right now and ready to rack in the next few day, I'd really appreciate it if you'd collect the cake in a sanitized container for me. I'll be sure to repay the favor with a few bottles of the resulting "Stein Bock". Anyone?

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2009, 04:49 PM   #2
rwinzing
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Sorry, just kegged my Bock last week

Old 11-25-2009, 05:21 PM   #3
nostalgia
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 58 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 8

The only yeast I've got in the fridge is 1028. You're welcome to it if it can help.

-Joe

Old 11-26-2009, 12:28 PM   #4
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 932 Times on 619 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Thanks Joe, one of the other members picked up some yeast and got a starter going. I'm hoping a full 5 gallon cake, a one quart slurry, and a 2liter starter built from a vial is going to be enough for 45 gallons.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Old 11-28-2009, 01:35 AM   #5
babalu87
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Too bad I'm so far away

Got a nice thick cake of Coors Yeast from a CAP and will have a Dopplebock 2124 cake Sunday

Good luck, might want to try and track down some 34/70 but if you have 1 1/2 quarts of good thick slurry you should be ok.

Make a first wort starter with a little of the second runnings so you can ensure its active and healthy

Last edited by babalu87; 11-28-2009 at 01:39 AM.

Old 02-22-2012, 03:22 AM   #6
Esmitee
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Sorry Bobby, Im in South Jersey near A/C.
I just brewed a Foster's lager clone this past Sunday the 19th of Feb. I used Wyeast 2007 Pilsen Lager I won't be done with the yeast for at least A FEW MORE WEEKS.

oH lmao. and i DONT HAVE A time machine EITHER, to get back to 2009 and save the brew HEHEHEHEHEH

I have to pay close attention to the dates of posts HAHAHAHA

Quick Reply