Home Brew Forums

Home Brew Forums (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum.php)
-   New Jersey HomeBrew Forum (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f216/)
-   -   9/20/08 - 2nd Annual Central NJ Beerfest - Woodbridge, NJ (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f216/9-20-08-2nd-annual-central-nj-beerfest-woodbridge-nj-78763/)

Bobby_M 09-02-2008 03:13 PM

9/20/08 - 2nd Annual Central NJ Beerfest - Woodbridge, NJ
 
Sorry... mod can you please change the title date to 9/20/08?

Parker Press Park, Woodbridge, NJ near JJ Bitings brewpub.

12pm

$20 drinking ticket with tasting glass.
$10 non drinker.

More info:
http://www.njbrewpubs.com/birthday.htm

Soulive 09-02-2008 03:14 PM

You mean 09/20/08? I'm supposed to pour for Uno at this but I think I'll be camping upstate...

edit - Uno is also having a cask festival the Saturday before this on 09/13

Bobby_M 09-02-2008 03:29 PM

yeah, I don't know why I typed 7/20 at first. I'll be volunteering as a WHALES club member helping out JJ's. I know the WHALES will have a table setup and will be brewing a batch but we can't pour homebrews (boo).

Is the cask thing UNO beers only or are other breweries participating. I just wish JJ's would post the tentative brewery list already. Last year was lame in that regard. One of the four participants showed up 2 hours late and another one brought one keg of each beer and they were kicked in an hour. I understand the first year is always the worst.

Soulive 09-02-2008 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby_M (Post 829539)
yeah, I don't know why I typed 7/20 at first. I'll be volunteering as a WHALES club member helping out JJ's. I know the WHALES will have a table setup and will be brewing a batch but we can't pour homebrews (boo).

Is the cask thing UNO beers only or are other breweries participating. I just wish JJ's would post the tentative brewery list already. Last year was lame in that regard. One of the four participants showed up 2 hours late and another one brought one keg of each beer and they were kicked in an hour. I understand the first year is always the worst.

The UNO caskfest is more than their beers. Mike didn't know which other beers he'd have though last time I asked. I'll be there just to support Mike even if I can't really drink...

Bobby_M 09-02-2008 06:56 PM

Ben, are there any promotional materials out on the web somewhere? I couldn't come up with anything but I'll post it on the Whales board if you have the full info anywhere.

Soulive 09-02-2008 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby_M (Post 829926)
Ben, are there any promotional materials out on the web somewhere? I couldn't come up with anything but I'll post it on the Whales board if you have the full info anywhere.

No, sorry man. Mike doesn't advertise these things because he doesn't want to run out of beer. There are a lot of regulars that go to these things. He didn't even want me to post it on Beeradvocate...

Soulive 09-11-2008 01:01 AM

The Uno thing will have 2 Uno casks, 2 Cpt Lawrence casks, 1 Chelsea cask, 1 Troegs cask, 1 Weyerbacher cask, and 1 Climax cask so far. Uno will also be serving at the Central NJ Beerfest in Woodbridge...

Bobby_M 09-11-2008 03:47 AM

Is the cask fest a pay one price thing or by the glass? What time? All day?

Soulive 09-11-2008 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby_M (Post 844840)
Is the cask fest a pay one price thing or by the glass? What time? All day?

Pay per pint, starting at 12PM until they run out. If they don't run out Saturday, they'll be serving more on Sunday...

Bobby_M 09-11-2008 09:24 PM

OK, the breweries have been announced:

Climax,
Cricket Hill,
Tun Tavern,
Weyerbacher,
JJ Bittings,
Smuttynose,
Stone,
Flying Dog,
Boulder,
Rogue,
Riverhorse,
Boak's,
Pizzaria Uno

Now THAT is a major upgrade since last year!!!


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:02 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.