Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > New Jersey HomeBrew Forum > 2nd New Jersey all grain seminar in the works

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2008, 01:20 PM   #11
Soulive
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_M
Looks like I'm gonna have to make a little more room in the garage... ah, perfect excuse to clean up after a long winter of grinding metal in there.
I don't want to impose, but I can do a double batch to split. I'd have to do 2 mashes though unless I have the bigger cooler by then. I have the ingredients to do Ed's Haus except for the Vienna...

===================
Green Lane Brewing
===================

Primary = Evan!'s Special Bitter
On Deck = EdWort's Porter / American Amber

EdWort's Haus Pale Ale Count

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2008, 01:23 PM   #12
njnear76
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm good no matter what. Bobby's close and I would like to stop by even if it is just to say hi and have a few brews.

Old 03-07-2008, 01:24 PM   #13
cd2448

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

heh dudes. i'm still partial mashing but as soon as i snag an appropriate cooler for an MLT, i'm going AG. i'd deffo like to come up and run through the process with you guys again, november seems like a long time, and a lot of beer, ago. 4/6 is good for me

edit: and i can bring some of my beer along for you guys to try - i would really welcome some actual feedback rather than "it's free, i'll drink it!" or "it doesn't taste like bud, i don't like it"

Old 03-07-2008, 04:31 PM   #14
jfish63
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

I checked with the boss and I am free 4/6. Just let me know what I need to bring. If I need to bring ingredients let me know ahead of time as there is no supply store closer than 70 miles and I have to order everything. I can also bring food and equipment if I have anything you need. My rig will not be complete by then mainly because I want to see one first. I can pitch in with cash if needed also.

Old 03-07-2008, 07:00 PM   #15
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 978 Times on 653 Posts
Likes Given: 28

I'll go through some of the Jamil brews to see if there's any I have the ingredients to cover. I've got plenty of maris and pils and fridge full of specialties but the hops might be the limiting factor. I have mostly Centennial and Cascade so we might be Pale/Amber bound. I have some Fuggle and Saaz but maybe not enough to do 10 gallons.

I also don't mind the guys who already have their sh!t together just coming down and brewing on their own. For the guys who really want to soak up the process, it might be best to let them go through the motions while we sit back and encourage. I think it is a better learning experience than doing it and having them watch.

The last time we did this, all parties involved brought a primary fermenter and literally walked away with a full batch. We brewed two back to back 10 gallon batches and split 4 ways. We each split the relative cost. I don't mind not taking a share this time so that we can concentrate on a single batch.

A side goal is to make sure a few of my near empty kegs get emptied since I can't keep cold conditioning in the garage for much longer.

Jfish, where are you driving from?

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Last edited by Bobby_M; 03-07-2008 at 07:02 PM.

Old 03-07-2008, 07:05 PM   #16
cd2448

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

i'll definitely chip in cash - but i also have some hops like EKG (2oz) and Fuggles (2oz) if we want to use them. one of my LHBSs has a decent supply right now, i can pick up some more if needed. (they have those two and tettnanger, a good few others).

i'm flexible on taking a batch home, i don't mind if i miss out although it would be interesting to compare one of my PMs vs an AG. directly!

Old 03-07-2008, 07:05 PM   #17
Soulive

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_M
A side goal is to make sure a few of my near empty kegs get emptied since I can't keep cold conditioning in the garage for much longer.
I don't think I can take part in that, sorry...

I've got Magnum for bittering and Amarillo, Centenniel, EKG and Mt Hood

===================
Green Lane Brewing
===================

On Deck = EdWort's Porter / American Amber

EdWort's Haus Pale Ale Count

Old 03-09-2008, 10:28 PM   #18
bluelou6
Recipes 

Is 4/6 definitely the day? What time are things getting started? I'm moving so I can't take a share but would love to come down to contribute and meet some local brewers.

Old 03-10-2008, 01:56 AM   #19
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 978 Times on 653 Posts
Likes Given: 28

I'm sticking to 4/6 unless it's a total bust for most interested people. The latter 3 weeks in April are tough for me. I could also go Saturday 4/5/08.

May 3rd is National Homebrew Day so I'll be brewing somewhere with the rest of The WHALES club somewhere. No word on who's hosting this time around.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Old 03-10-2008, 12:08 PM   #20
Soulive

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

April 6th should be good for me...

===================
Green Lane Brewing
===================