Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > New Jersey HomeBrew Forum > 2nd New Jersey all grain seminar in the works

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2008, 02:42 PM   #101
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 905 Times on 602 Posts
Likes Given: 26

I have it in a keg but it's sitting at garage temps (60F) with very low carbonation (maybe 1.25 volumes) because I have to wait for one of my five kegs to kick. I sampled it last night and it's going to go pretty fast this summer....er June.

As much as I like variety, I keep going back to my American Blonde and IPAs for my during and after dinner beer. I think this bitter (technically based on the low SRM it's a Summer Best Bitter) is going to replace the blonde in about 2 more pints.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2008, 12:28 AM   #102
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 

Recipes 

I was right. The blonde kicked last week so I got the bitter in the kegger and it's finally carbed and clear this weekend. Wow, great beer. I'm probably going to brew this one again in the fall now that I have the EKG to spare.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Old 05-28-2008, 04:33 PM   #103
joejaz
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Bobby, can we substitute the EKGs for fuggles?

Joe

"Life is too short to drink cheap beer."

Old 05-28-2008, 04:56 PM   #104
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 

Recipes 

I think EKG is a pretty good sub for Fuggle. In fact, I only used the fuggle because they were getting a bit old and wanted to use them up.

For a slight variation on this, I'm thinking of either replacing the 40L with 80L or Adding 4 ounces of 120L for some color and complexity.

New Stuff?

Quick Reply