Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > Connecticut HomeBrew Forum > Who is your LHBS here in CT?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2013, 06:41 PM   #61
NuclearRich
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 95 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratslinger View Post
But see, that would fail to account for breweries with tasting rooms (think Thomas Hooker, Back East, Two Roads, etc), or those with flat out taprooms (and no food, so they're not brewpubs) like Firefly Hollow that should be coming on line later this summer.

I'm thinking, as JohnK93 stated, that Maltose's problem is a local one and not a state one.
I think the tasting rooms are considered seperate entities from the breweries, so its an additional liscence. Dont quote me though, its just a guess

Kegged - Amber (homegrown hops)
Bottled - 30th birthday barleywine, caramel gingerbread quad, doppelbock dunkel, Mulberry wit, Caramel Quad/RUMCAKE, porter, Blueberry Blonde, Amber, Single Hop Pale Ale (exp 4190), HT twist
Primary - Lambic!

Cogito Ergo Doleo

"rdwhahb"

Quote:
Originally Posted by somedudefromguam View Post
I thought that meant people were getting frustrated with their brews. Like- OH NO my beer is infected RHWAHAHRBLABLE!!!! OR- My beer pours all foamy RDWHAHBLARABBLE

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2013, 04:25 PM   #62
FireflyBill
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Howdy,

This is Bill from Firefly Hollow Brewing and Brew and Wine Hobby. Let me run down what we saw. In May of 2012 the law was changed to allow a Brewery & Brewpub combined license. There are 3 breweries in the state who are going for/registered for the state level license. Two Roads, Broad Brook, and us. The permit lets you manufacture and retail your own beer without food. AKA you can set up a true taproom for only your product- selling pints. You can also sell up to 9 liters/day to direct to consumer retail (read growlers). The issue comes into on a town level most zoning rules are not made with this in mind. The breweries usually are labelled as manufacturing such as Hooker, Back East, etc... This combined status has made it so there is a town by town conversation as to where you would fit in.

I hope that answers the question for those who are curious.

Bill from Firefly Hollow Brewing

Quick Reply