Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > Connecticut HomeBrew Forum > Who is your LHBS here in CT?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2012, 12:03 PM   #21
philber
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Living in Stamford, we are limited to Maltose or online orders I do have to say that the folks at maltose are very nice and I can usually get what i need for less than it would take to order online. I am thinking of trying "Brewshop at Cornell's" in Eastchester, I'm sure they will be super pricey, but they are a gallon of gas closer.

Anyone know of other shops in Fairfield County? Any one want to open one?

Fermenting: Golden Ale, APA
Kegged: Kolsh, Coal Porter, Sweet Stout, Seltzer Water

History: Irish Red, Brown Ale, Czech Plsner, Boddingtons, Saizon Dupont, American Amber, Hefe 2-Row, Cream Ale, SWMBO Slayer, BMC, Midwest Porter Kit, Irish Stout, Coal Porter, Miller Lite, Nut Brown Ale, IPA

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2012, 01:05 PM   #22
Poobah58
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by philber View Post
Living in Stamford, we are limited to Maltose or online orders I do have to say that the folks at maltose are very nice and I can usually get what i need for less than it would take to order online. I am thinking of trying "Brewshop at Cornell's" in Eastchester, I'm sure they will be super pricey, but they are a gallon of gas closer.

Anyone know of other shops in Fairfield County? Any one want to open one?
Cornells is a very small shop. Prices are a little better than Maltose but not much. Not nearly the selection though...

Old 07-16-2012, 01:20 PM   #23
stamandster
Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 26

If you're near ludlow mass for any reason there's a good LHBS i go to called DiY Brewing. Fairly competitive pricing considering shipping from e-tailers.

Old 07-17-2012, 11:14 AM   #24
ArcticBear
Recipes 

Liked 46 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconnrh11 View Post
I stopped in two weeks ago and it seems like they have stopped the homebrew section. All I saw were t-shirts and some gift shop items. Nothing for brewing. Too bad. I was looking forward to having a close store. Maybe I just caught it at a bad time.
From what I understand their home brew stuff is located in a store front across the street, next to their cupcake store. They don't open until about 3-4pm and close at 7ish I think.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:04 PM   #25
Uconnrh11
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticBear

From what I understand their home brew stuff is located in a store front across the street, next to their cupcake store. They don't open until about 3-4pm and close at 7ish I think.
Yes this is true. You have to enter through the cupcake store to get to the trading post. Could be I went there at a bad time or totally missed the boat but I saw a couple of pots and nothing else brewing.

Old 07-19-2012, 02:35 AM   #26
nukebrewer
Brew the brew!
Feedback Score: 10 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2551 Times on 1501 Posts
Likes Given: 5735

I'm in Groton, so Rob's is the closest place to me. They've always had what I need and their prices are pretty decent.

The only thing more asinine than stupid rules is the enforcement of rules simply because they are the rules.

Inhopsicated: A Beer Blog

Inhopsicated on Twitter

Old 09-09-2012, 03:13 AM   #27
muiredach
Recipes 

Robs is good, decent selection, and about half the staff is helpful. Might try Zoks sometime when I visit Willimantic brewing company again.

Old 09-27-2012, 04:28 AM   #28
JohnnyO
Recipes 

Liked 894 Times on 840 Posts
Likes Given: 491

Just went to Brew and Wine in East Hartford today to drop off my snerhc entries. They've moved their store to 12 cedar st. They are in the process of settling in, but looks like they have god quality stuff there and Dana, who I spoke to, seemed pretty friendly.

Old 09-27-2012, 11:03 AM   #29
stratslinger
Brewing Thespian
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 127 Times on 107 Posts
Likes Given: 85

Yeah, Dana and Rich are both great guys, I've gotten great advice from them both. I've got to get out there to check out their new digs soon.

Old 11-06-2012, 04:05 PM   #30
JohnnyO
Recipes 

Liked 894 Times on 840 Posts
Likes Given: 491

A new homebrew shop has opened in downtown New Haven.

Finally.

Luck & Levity Brewshop had its grand opening this past weekend. I met the owner on Sunday. He's very interested in helping to develop more of a brewing culture in the area. They have a great space on Court Street. They have a lounge area with couches and access to wifi.

I believe they will cater to the metro area and have a lot of small scale kits. They had the 1 gallon Brooklyn Brew Shop kits available. They also have a good assortment of grains. They had a cooler in the back for hops and yeast. They have the Wyeast line of yeast. They also had some equipment in stock. Prices seemed comparable with other LHBS in the area.

I spoke to Scott, the owner about starting up a local homebrew club. He was excited and supportive of the idea. In addition, they are going to have a Thursday tasting event. Every Thursday, people are welcome to bring in beer to share.

I'll be talking to him more about developing a brewclub, so keep an ear/eye/nose out for the New Haven Brew Club.

Quick Reply