Home Brew Forums

Home Brew Forums (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum.php)
-   Connecticut HomeBrew Forum (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f215/)
-   -   Hartford, CT Area (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f215/hartford-ct-area-217914/)

malvado78 01-14-2011 07:10 PM

Hartford, CT Area
 
Bloomfield Really...

Heading there on Monday and wondering if anyone knows some good watering holes/brewery's/beer store's.

I know Thomas Hooker is right there and plan on stopping for a growler or two and a bomber or so.

But I also need someplace where I can find Imperial Storm Trooper From New England Brewing as I cannot get it in upstate NY as far as I know.

Also some place for eats/drinks. Will be there 4 nights.

stevo155 01-14-2011 07:32 PM

Williamantic Brewing in, you guessed it, Willimantic isn't that far. I've always had good food and beer when I'm down that way.

malvado78 01-14-2011 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevo155 (Post 2552191)
Williamantic Brewing in, you guessed it, Willimantic isn't that far. I've always had good food and beer when I'm down that way.

Thanks.

I am staying out by Bradley Int. Airport so that looks to be about a 45 min drive.

Not sure how I'd get back. :drunk:

shecky 01-14-2011 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malvado78 (Post 2552214)
Thanks.

I am staying out by Bradley Int. Airport so that looks to be about a 45 min drive.

Not sure how I'd get back. :drunk:

Well, you're screwed without a car. Ain't nothing up there, though Hooker isn't too far away. Just don't drink so much and drive back.

Eli Cannon's Tap Room in Middletown is a fine choice.

malvado78 01-14-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shecky (Post 2552238)
Well, you're screwed without a car. Ain't nothing up there, though Hooker isn't too far away. Just don't drink so much and drive back.

LOL. I do have a car. I will not drink too much to drive back from anywhere. It stinks there is nothing up there. Its jsut when I have to travel I like to go places and try beers I haven't had and they add up quick.

We're on the same page though.

[QUOTE=shecky;2552238]Eli Cannon's Tap Room in Middletown is a fine choice./QUOTE]

This looks to be a little closer and has an impressive rotation draft list.

Thanks.

shecky 01-14-2011 07:51 PM

You're a lot closer to Springfield, Mass. It's only about 15 minutes from where you'll be. Though I went to college there, that was 20-plus years ago and I've no idea what good beer bars or brewpubs are there.

Search and ye might find, however.

malvado78 01-14-2011 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shecky (Post 2552295)
You're a lot closer to Springfield, Mass. It's only about 15 minutes from where you'll be. Though I went to college there, that was 20-plus years ago and I've no idea what good beer bars or brewpubs are there.

Search and ye might find, however.

Thanks didn't think about Springfield. I have been searching Beerfly. Just seeing if there were any locals around that may know.

Poobah58 01-14-2011 09:41 PM

This should help:
http://beermapping.com/maps/maps.php?m=northeastern#lat=41.87365126992505&lng=-72.31201171875&z=9

malvado78 01-17-2011 04:55 PM

Thanks I hadn't seen that sight before. Definitely helpful.

sprocketmaker 01-17-2011 05:35 PM

I've always drop by the Half Door pub when in Hartford... good beer menu and great eats... enjoy.

http://www.thehalfdoorhfd.com/


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:22 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.