Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > Connecticut HomeBrew Forum > CT Brewers Check-In

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2012, 10:24 AM   #51
tlaps
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by makisupa View Post
Hi Lenny. I'm Westport and happy to join in on any bulk orders. What grains did you have in mind?
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott06903 View Post
Scott from Stamford here. I could use 2-3 bags. There was a group buy in Ct about a month ago, but that was about 1.5hrs away. I am also monitoring the NYC bulk buy group, that may end up being the closest to Fairfield county.

been brewing for 1 year as of today 4.13.12 doing all grain with electric keggles in the basement. In the next few months I would like to start slanting yeast to build up some stock.

next brew should be Sunday morning, 10g of Centennial Blond by Biermuncher

Cheers

Hey guy's if we could get a pallet order together we could have north country drop ship to Stamford. Ask around and I'll contact North country about shipping. Also about a mixed pallet ( 2 row, pilsner, ETC). Just brewed a hitchino nest white. Awsome brew, in the secondary now can't wait to bottle!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2012, 06:21 PM   #52
scott06903
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default bulk buy

As I understand North County requires an account, not sure what it takes to open one though. A full pallet is 42 bags and the drop off location need a loading dock. Let us know what North county says.

If this gets going we will move it to the ct group buy thread. I expect the first group buy in any given area is the hardest to get going, after that it should be easy to fill a pallet.

Old 04-20-2012, 05:10 PM   #53
Christer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

North County isn't accepting homebrewer accounts anymore... But I think Poohbah has one... I think I am set on bulk grain for now. But will be interested in the fall...

Old 04-22-2012, 12:11 PM   #54
tlaps
Recipes 

Default bulk grain buy

I called country malt and was told they wont sell to us!!! Even a full pallet buy did'nt sway them. If poobah has an account I might be able to find a drop off point. I'd like 4 sacks but what price are the grains? Any price sheets? I just bought a seasonal kit from Northern the french Bier du farm. Gonna brew it 2nd weekend in May.

Old 04-22-2012, 02:01 PM   #55
Poobah58

Recipes 

Liked 49 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 24

I have an account but you need to order 30-40 bags to make it worth while. It's about $100 to ship a pallet (2000#). Bags range from $30 to $45. I'm set for a while so you'll have to organize and collect if you want to proceed...

Old 04-22-2012, 02:02 PM   #56
Poobah58

Recipes 

tlaps, I was at Coalhouse Pizza last night. 52 taps...whoot!!!!

Old 04-23-2012, 09:56 AM   #57
tlaps
Recipes 

Default Coalhouse May 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poobah58 View Post
tlaps, I was at Coalhouse Pizza last night. 52 taps...whoot!!!!
Hey poobah thanks for the info I'll start looking for enough guy's to fill a pallet. If your not busy on May 1st there is a homebrewing competition at coalhouse. Mark and Tess from maltose express are comming down to judge stouts and porters. I'm going with my brewing bud and will see what kind of response we get with a pallet order. Let me know if your comming and we'll "hit those taps". Anyone reading this come on down, Coalhouse homebrewers want to meet you.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:06 AM   #58
Poobah58

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlaps View Post
Hey poobah thanks for the info I'll start looking for enough guy's to fill a pallet. If your not busy on May 1st there is a homebrewing competition at coalhouse. Mark and Tess from maltose express are comming down to judge stouts and porters. I'm going with my brewing bud and will see what kind of response we get with a pallet order. Let me know if your comming and we'll "hit those taps". Anyone reading this come on down, Coalhouse homebrewers want to meet you.
Deadline was last Saturday. My intention was to enter the competition. I went to pour 2 bottles of stout and killed the keg filling the first bottle! We went anyway. My Mexican Lager finished 1st in their August competition.....

Old 04-29-2012, 09:39 PM   #59
Stephonovich
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Groton check-in. I just got my own propane tank and water filter, so I can stop borrowing my neighbor's. I've got a cooler mash tun, Blichmann Boilermaker, and a DIY kettle in some sort of mishmashed tiered setup.

I try to brew at least once a month. If anyone ever wants to do a brewday, learn to do AG, or just hang out while brewing, I'm open when the Navy doesn't take me away.

Kegged: Soon...
Future: Alchemist Heady Topper Clone, Yooper's DFH 60 Minute Clone, Session Bitter

Old 04-30-2012, 10:42 AM   #60
brewinbasque
Recipes 

Likes Given: 3

Well I guess I may as well throw myself into this mix. Morris CT here, working on building my all grain system, I really want to go E-brew, but for now to keep it budget have to go propane...but its a 30 gallon BK, 30 Gallon MT, and a 20 gallon HLT. ill get some pics going during the build.

BB

Quick Reply