One or two folks may have strubbled across the ever-so-informative "Brewfest so big you can see it from space" tomes. This brew-day is a continuation of those debacles. I wanted to change the title of the thread to be a little more informative and give it a little extra pizzazz... you know.. drum up some good publicity.
We have six brewers who are going to attempt a traditional lambic by using a turbid mash schedule (specifically the one described in Wild Brews) which we will then age in the barrel currently keeping our Russian River Consecretion clone nice and comfy.
Out of the six brewers, five are HBT members:
Paulthenurse (aka Nepoleon the Oompa Loompa)
This event is on the calendar, in pen, for Saturday June 12th
Rumor has it we are starting at some sort of unGodly hour of 5:00 AM or something and it should be a pretty interesting day.
A few things folks might want to take note of:
1) live webcast... we GOTTA. The last one was a blast and this is gonna be too good not to share.
2) Likely to relive the whole "drunken power tool usage" events of the last webcast with hilarity to surely ensue
3) There's been talk of stripping Paul down to his thong, greasing him up with Crisco and offering a brand new 14 gallon Blingman conical for the first person who can wrestle him to the ground. The assumption is the conical will go un-claimed due to lack of anyone trying.
4) there should be a fair amount of meat thrown on the grill.
5) we are expecting at least some turn out from our HBC... SSBC... (all six of us are members) representin'!!!
so my guess is there will be some good beer on hand.
Any local HBT'rs who have any interest in swinging through, lemme know and I'll give you directions. Anyone else... stay tuned for the webcast details..
seriously... how often can you watch a turbid mash AND a greased up chubby guy? NOT often.