Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > Massachusetts HomeBrew Forum > One Entrepreneur Wanted.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2012, 08:49 PM   #41
Groove_Rock
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

yes thanks shecky! thats what Ive been getting at!

I took your advice because you actually had cared and wasnt looking for a fight

im just going to compliment everyone who is going to be a jerk

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2012, 08:51 PM   #42
brewingmeister
Recipes 

Liked 178 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove_Rock View Post
i dont want to be part of your internet club because there is only a handful of people on here who are decent people not looking for a fake fight with someone theyll never meet - i can assure you that none of these things would be said to my face - hide behind your ****ty avatar picture

Grammar, if you people are really upset because I misplaced a few comas, added a few ... where they shouldn't be, use i instead of I, then get over yourself because my point is still the same.

That's a bold statement there buddy. I can tell you that I would not have a problem saying anything to anybody's face if I felt like it. Also you are still here so I guess you are part of the club you hate so much.

Tone and the like are often hard to convey through text, especially if it is hard to read so grammar is at least a little important.

I saw your post shortly after you had made it and I have to admit I was intrigued. You have already crossed a big hurdle by getting all the legal paperwork in order. If you were to offer help with relocating and a steady wage I may have even considered moving to a city I really don't care to live in to jump on board with this venture. Your attitude is really a turnoff though. I would wish you luck but you already stated you don't need or want it. Oh, and thanks for calling everyone ignorant and insulting their avatar pics (those that have them).

*disclaimer- this post may contain punctuation, capitalization and sarcasm

Old 05-01-2012, 09:01 PM   #43
Groove_Rock
Recipes 

Laugh out loud. I guess I am now part of the internet club. So can we get back to the issue at hand now that I have been initiated/hazed/etc?

My attitude is definitely not for everyone, Sorry if my "Im going to to anything to be successful, and step on anyone who thinks differently" approach turns you off. Im actually quite funny, witty, and sarcastic in person. I like going to the beach, hanging out with friends, and going to sporting events on the weekends haha. But this isn't match.com is it?

Thanks for the luck, the paperwork took me two months and it was not easy at all. Especially with no one to tell me what to do, but I can definitely say I learned a lot that Ill never forget.

Also my brewery is not in Boston, and your relocation offer may have been tempting before people answered here and my other postings locally. But to everyone else, Im not looking for employees, Im looking for a business partner.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:02 PM   #44
mmb
FNG
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3206 Times on 3108 Posts
Likes Given: 181

Quote:
Hello all. First time post on homebrewtaok, long time reader.

I'm 24 years old and I've been out of school for about a year and a half now. After appying for jobs in all levels of every related industry to beer, wine, and other distribution companies, heck I even got turned down from a sake plant, I have come up with nothing. Currently I'm working full time, with a pricey college degree in food and beverage management, as a painter. Go figure.

Over the past year I've really spent alot of time deciding what I want to do with my life. I had dreams since I started grain brewing when I was 18 to go to school, get my degree, and then work my way through the brewing industry from the bottom up...reasonable idea, yes? but since large companies such as Dogfish only have about 150 employees, why would they even look at a recent college grad who's only brewing experience is in bootlegging and illegal underage brewing..so with no "experience" to put on my resume, I can say I've had my fair share of disappointment. I applied at budweiser for a tour guide job, not glamorous but hey, I thought it would be real great contact with the brewers and I can even stay late and help clean for free just for the experience! Not. I show up to the interview and they inform me that the position had been filled (clearly by someone less qualified than myself haha) and that I was more than welcome to apply for "gift shop cashier"...I'm definitely just a little overqualified fir that position at this point in my life...

...long story short, I won't be applying for a job working with people providing a sure sign of a good time...instead of BEER!!!! I was pissed at the way human resources handled that whole situation.

Sorry for the ramble, back to my point.

I've taken out a loan. I'm shopping now and eventually buying brewery equipment.

After crunching all the numbers and finalizing my business plan, I realize that this is something I can't do alone. There's just too much work for one man.

I'm posting here to ask if there is anyone in Massachusetts interested in a partnership for starting up a microbrewery. The hard work you read about is already done. I have all the MA licenses and permits needed. I am extremely business minded and I am seeking a hardworking individual who wants to be successful. And I am going to be successful, I just need to be given the chance that I have not yet been given. I feel sorry for every brewery I applied for. I really have no other option in this economy...well I can paint the rest of my life, but no.

so anyways, I'm not quite sure if I've reached my point...

Contact me if you are in Massachusetts and you are interested in brewing beer for a living. Or contact me if you are in the same boat as me...college degree, no experience, no job.

There's beers to be had,

Bryan
A partnership is most often a bad idea. Someone needs to be in charge. I'd look for a consultant (Is Bob still around?) to get you on the proper footing and really consider finding a small/local brewpub to volunteer at in the evenings/weekends to get some brewery knowledge. They always want someone to clean tanks and muck spent grain out and most work together to spread the knowledge.

Siebel is always an option.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:11 PM   #45
TyTanium
Recipes 

Liked 549 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 418

Total 180 on the attitude. I like it.

And I was serious about probrewer - a lot of guys post their resumes over there and are looking to get into the business. Many have Siebel/UC Davis brewing training and/or commercial experience and would jump at an opportunity like this.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:21 PM   #46
Groove_Rock
Recipes 

Thanks MMB, Ive actually spoken to a few consulting groups already. Lueders and Firstkey.

Ive also spoken Rick at breweryfinance.

These guys have been a huge help to start, but they ultimately didnt feel as though they would be worth the costs for a self financed small start up brewery.

For the past year I have been speaking with the owners and brewers of some local brewpubs and production breweries. I used to live in sacramento, I had the guys from Rubicon brewing look at my business plan and answer alot of my questions. They were skeptic like everyone else at first because I am 24 years old, but after a few conversations over the course of a few weeks they seemed to be really excited to help. I can say big thanks to those guys because they were the ones who helped me make the decision to go and get it. Also I had the opportunity to help out a bottling day at Russian River, to this day I can safely say their Pliny is one of the best beers Ive ever tasted.

And also around here, Ive recently started making contacts through out the industry with breweries in New England. I couldnt even work for free before. Now local breweries, Ive made contact with through volunteering at the beerfests in providence, boston, and newport, hear I am trying to start my own business up have offered me entry level positions. At this point Im too far into the start up phase to start from the bottom.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:21 PM   #47
broadbill
Recipes 

Liked 322 Times on 226 Posts
Likes Given: 224

Quote:
Im looking for a business partner.
You got the paperwork, you got the money...why do you need the business partner? What are you hoping the partner is going to bring to the table?

FWIW, I don't know if I'd be looking for another homebrewer for a partner. You have the the passion for the product, maybe go with someone who has passion for other aspects of the business you will need to have to succeed (marketing, inventory management, HR, sales, quality control, etc.)

Old 05-01-2012, 09:28 PM   #48
Groove_Rock
Recipes 

ty, I treat others with the same respect Ive been given.

Im just glad to see some mature people finally post in here

Ill check out probrewer one more time, but Im debating if going through the bullying again on another website would be worth it lol

Old 05-01-2012, 09:40 PM   #49
Groove_Rock
Recipes 

Broadbill - good point

I dont need a business partner, I want one. Like I said before I know how hard it is to get into the industry, and I know there are people in Massachusetts who are going through the same struggles as me. Starting a business is a huge risk, I want to do this once and do it right.

Also, two heads are better than one. If I can double my production and the word of mouth circles, I see the company in a way better place than it is now.

If I even bring money up on these forums people will run away, because it is just something no one has these days. As well as the scam accusations? its just not worth it.

Ideally, I would like someone to put up an equal amount to the loans I have taken out for obviously 50% of my business. "Our" business. Or at least take out a loan themselves for "our" business. I know that is a stretch, so Im not expecting anyone to bite the bullet and just do it like I did.

But again, I must stress that the hard work is done. All that is left to do is brew and sell. Just from my numbers, it will take a while for me to fully profit with what I have now...it just makes more sense on a timeline to double everything, I had said before my first partner backed out and took the safe route.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:46 PM   #50
TyTanium
Recipes 

Liked 549 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 418

Quote:
...I must stress that the hard work is done. All that is left to do is brew and sell...
I know nothing about running a brewery, but that sounds like hard work to me.

Quick Reply

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS