Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > Massachusetts HomeBrew Forum > One Entrepreneur Wanted.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2012, 05:24 PM   #21
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 968 Times on 647 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Well, this IS the internet. 40 billion scams deep and there are still people who question a skeptical take? Skeptical first until otherwise convinced, ESPECIALLY in regard to getting into business with someone. Frankly, I wouldn't partner with my best friends in business.

piss and vinegar
(idiomatic) Exuberance or enthusiasm, especially to an excessive degree; bravado; youthful energy.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2012, 05:44 PM   #22
TheDudeLebowski
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 89 Times on 80 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Please all people outside of the Mass area don't infect the civil decorum such as the likes of the Masshole thread. Sheesh ;-)

Old 05-01-2012, 06:15 PM   #23
Groove_Rock
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

the dude abides

Old 05-01-2012, 06:32 PM   #24
Groove_Rock
Recipes 

first of all.......careful man, theres a beverage here.

secondly.........let me be clear

.....................for the last time

1) i dont want to be part of your internet club because there is only a handful of people on here who are decent people not looking for a fake fight with someone theyll never meet - i can assure you that none of these things would be said to my face - hide behind your ****ty avatar picture

2) i have the money

3) i have the business plan

4) where is the scam?

5) i have looked on probrewer, thanks for the suggestions

6)i am a home brewer who has a license in massachusetts to manufacture, package, and distribute....without the three tier distribution system to boot. Where is the fine line between a probrewer and a homebrewer? honestly i dont care. Ive had some damn good home brews...and ive also had some damn good commercially produced brews as well so you who judge are not in my target market and honestly i hope you hate my beer

7) i am looking for help from people who are interested in being an entrepreneur. people with enough ballsack to leave the jobs that are making them miserable, miserable because they see a 24 year old making the kind of moves they will never have the balls to make, when they are sitting at their computer stealing recipes from other forums and posting them as their own....reading threads on the troubleshooting forum because they cant figure out why the beer they fermented in the 5 gallon glass primary for over a month tastes like ass.....Ive heard of wine on the lee's...ha!

8,9,10) Im looking for a partner. An equal partner. an entrepreneur.

Ive invested a good amount of my life reading every book and magazine I can find on beer and chemistry. I went to college to study everything about alcohol. I cant put a price on the knowledge ive acquired over the years, I cant put a price on all the things im about to learn in this business venture either. So asking for money is just ridiculous because most cant afford whats been spent anyway.

If you have no desire to be a business man, as well as a brewer you have no business here.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:40 PM   #25
shecky
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 3502 Times on 3393 Posts
Likes Given: 2

First, good luck in your venture. That said, a few pieces of unsolicited advice.

You're trying to catch bees but using vinegar as bait. Stop telling everybody about your brewing prowess and your education. Puffing your chest and pounding it not only turns people off, it's also highly unprofessional.

Show just a smidgen of humility.

And last, but certainly not least, while this may be an Internet forum, please, for the love of God, use proper grammar, punctuation and capitalization. Consider this a beginner's business plan. You wouldn't walk into a bank looking for a loan with a business plan written in that manner. At least I hope you wouldn't.

As Ice Cube, that sage businessman once said (with the help of Chuck D), "Check yo self before you wreck yo self."

Good luck.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:41 PM   #26
Groove_Rock
Recipes 

bobby m - My original partner was my best friend, he backed when I got my half of the money. And on top of that, he hadnt helped me with any of the business plans...he mostly helped clean and split the cost/final products when we were done brewing MY recipes

....i foresee him asking to partner up again in a year or so when he wants to leave his cubicle, when i am completely up and running

....lesson learned, even though i had known this before i ignored it. Never do business with friends or family.

and be skeptic as long as you want but i thought i made it clear when i said PM me for details or if you are interested or whatever. i never asked for money, i never even asked for anyones email address. and i suppose the only way to prove my realness within your internet club was to respond quickly and as aggressive as most of you had replied

thanks to whoever wished me luck

but i dont even want that posted here...i dont need your best wishes...i need a partner, end of story

Old 05-01-2012, 06:48 PM   #27
Groove_Rock
Recipes 

shecky, read my first post.

I should not have even gotten responses at all from most of these people. I am not afraid to tell them how it really is.

As far as my brewing prowess goes, I don't have any. I dont have any experience in a brewery. I just have things that I have successfully done.

Grammar, if you people are really upset because I misplaced a few comas, added a few ... where they shouldn't be, use i instead of I, then get over yourself because my point is still the same.

I have a loan, I used my business plan to get one. I'm pretty sure im smart enough to care when to lift my pinky finger and hit the shift button

....read my first post and others following, if your not interested dont answer...i could care less about the people who could care less....'na mean?

Old 05-01-2012, 06:49 PM   #28
TyTanium
Recipes 

Liked 549 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove_Rock View Post
I am not afraid to tell them how it really is.
So how is it, really?

Old 05-01-2012, 06:53 PM   #29
TyTanium
Recipes 

Quote:
...there is only a handful of people on here who are decent people not looking for a fake fight with someone theyll never meet - i can assure you that none of these things would be said to my face - hide behind your ****ty avatar picture
PS - this statement is false. Not looking for a fight, just clarifying for future readers. And they would say it to your face.
There's a lot of wisdom here, professional and otherwise.
And I don't have an avatar picture.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:01 PM   #30
TyTanium
Recipes 

Quote:
...people with enough ballsack to leave the jobs that are making them miserable, miserable because they see a 24 year old making the kind of moves they will never have the balls to make...
Pure arrogance dude. You dream of running a brewery - great. Not everyone does. I can work half the hours and make 4x as much doing something else that I enjoy. Therefore I'd be a fool to give it up for a high-risk low-reward venture. It's not about balls...sounds like optimization to me.

Your post is not for me, fine. You want me to ignore it? Then don't sit there and tell me how miserable I am.

Quick Reply