Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > Massachusetts HomeBrew Forum > One Entrepreneur Wanted.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2012, 09:43 PM   #1
Groove_Rock
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Default One Entrepreneur Wanted.

Hello all. First time post on homebrewtaok, long time reader.

I'm 24 years old and I've been out of school for about a year and a half now. After appying for jobs in all levels of every related industry to beer, wine, and other distribution companies, heck I even got turned down from a sake plant, I have come up with nothing. Currently I'm working full time, with a pricey college degree in food and beverage management, as a painter. Go figure.

Over the past year I've really spent alot of time deciding what I want to do with my life. I had dreams since I started grain brewing when I was 18 to go to school, get my degree, and then work my way through the brewing industry from the bottom up...reasonable idea, yes? but since large companies such as Dogfish only have about 150 employees, why would they even look at a recent college grad who's only brewing experience is in bootlegging and illegal underage brewing..so with no "experience" to put on my resume, I can say I've had my fair share of disappointment. I applied at budweiser for a tour guide job, not glamorous but hey, I thought it would be real great contact with the brewers and I can even stay late and help clean for free just for the experience! Not. I show up to the interview and they inform me that the position had been filled (clearly by someone less qualified than myself haha) and that I was more than welcome to apply for "gift shop cashier"...I'm definitely just a little overqualified fir that position at this point in my life...

...long story short, I won't be applying for a job working with people providing a sure sign of a good time...instead of BEER!!!! I was pissed at the way human resources handled that whole situation.

Sorry for the ramble, back to my point.

I've taken out a loan. I'm shopping now and eventually buying brewery equipment.

After crunching all the numbers and finalizing my business plan, I realize that this is something I can't do alone. There's just too much work for one man.

I'm posting here to ask if there is anyone in Massachusetts interested in a partnership for starting up a microbrewery. The hard work you read about is already done. I have all the MA licenses and permits needed. I am extremely business minded and I am seeking a hardworking individual who wants to be successful. And I am going to be successful, I just need to be given the chance that I have not yet been given. I feel sorry for every brewery I applied for. I really have no other option in this economy...well I can paint the rest of my life, but no.

so anyways, I'm not quite sure if I've reached my point...

Contact me if you are in Massachusetts and you are interested in brewing beer for a living. Or contact me if you are in the same boat as me...college degree, no experience, no job.

There's beers to be had,

Bryan

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 09:57 PM   #2
SamHain
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Best of luck to you!

Old 04-27-2012, 09:20 PM   #3
Groove_Rock
Recipes 

So 42 people have read, and no one cares to brew beer?

Lol

not sure I understand this website

..thanks Sam hain.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:32 PM   #4
FastAndy
Recipes 

Liked 153 Times on 121 Posts
Likes Given: 19

No offense, but with only two posts and misspelling Homebrew Talk in your first sentence of the first post it's smells like spam in here. If your offer is legit then we wish you the best of luck. You may want to check out probrewer.com and see if the folks there can help you out.

Cheers and good luck,

Old 04-27-2012, 09:43 PM   #5
PoorBoy
All Around Nice Guy
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

This is awesome. Best of luck to you. I may be banging on your door for a job when I decide to retire and hang up The Big Hat!

Old 04-27-2012, 09:53 PM   #6
Groove_Rock
Recipes 

I had typed something out but it's not worth posting.

I'm just looking for good people who want to brew beer for a living or at least get some experience in the industry. Sorry if you overlooked me because you thought it was spam, that's ignorant.

And good luck with your home brews

Old 04-27-2012, 09:55 PM   #7
Groove_Rock
Recipes 

Thanks poorboy, I'll be here

I'm always looking to help people out

Old 04-27-2012, 10:54 PM   #8
barneygumble
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I too first thought this was spam. I was gonna post a wiseass remark.

But if you are legit and are bankrolling this thing, like it reads, and are looking for help, or a minority partner trading labor for your investment, then I am suprised no one showed any interest either. So you say you have your licenses? Where is the home of this future brewery?

Old 04-28-2012, 04:07 PM   #9
Groove_Rock
Recipes 

Nope, not spam

Legit and bankrolling. Lol

Yup, all licenses and permits.

And this will be in Chelmsford MA to start. Future plans are for a brewpub once a market has been established. Again, I went to a culinary school so good food is just as close to my heart as the brews....so the beers will be aimed towards pairing with food rather than most other breweries lately who have been brewing these "extreme" beers that most people just buy one six pack of and then say yea that's good, but I think I'll go with something else next time.

All that's left to do is finalizing the logo and labels, and tweaking the recipes I've created over the years to work with the new equipment.

As far as any other details we can discuss it through ?"pm"?

Old 04-28-2012, 04:19 PM   #10
Dynachrome
Recipes 

Liked 59 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove_Rock View Post
So 42 people have read, and no one cares to brew beer?

Lol

not sure I understand this website

..thanks Sam hain.
I'm from Wisconsin. I didn't notice the forum, just the thread title.

Good luck to you.....

There are many here who would like to do this.

Quick Reply