OK, since no one wants to read thru 20 pages of the Masstoberfest thread, and I don't blame you, I decided that the easiest way to avoid having to answer the same questions over and over is to do this.
1. When is the party? Saturday October 16. The day after tomorrow.
2. What time should I show up? Anytime after noon. If you are brewing remember that it's outdoors and it gets dark around 6:30.
3. What time does it end? When the last person goes home. I'll start the bonfire once it gets dark out. I don't plan on staying up a minute after 5am. YMMV.
4. Where is it? At PTN's house. PM PTN for the address.
5. Can I bring something? Yes.
6. What can I bring? Whatever you like. There will be a whole BBQ hawg, a couple of fried turkeys and a whole brisket. Anything you want to bring to complement/ compete with those lucnh choices will be more than welcome.
7. I'm thinking of brewing with you guys, what do I need to bring? I'll have a couple of hoses, the water here is fine. You will need to bring a burner, a propane tank and whatever pots, etc you need to complete you brew, plus a container to bring your beer home in.
8. Why should I brew? Cause you will probably learn something. Ther will be 50 home brewers standing around brewing their own brews. You can't help but pick up a bunch of tips, especially if you are new to brewing. It can be an extremely valuable learning experience for new brewers.
9. Tell me about the raffle? We're raffling off brewing gear to raise money for a local home brewer who is sick with EEE. Read Frank W's post Babalu for all the details. Read the first post on my initial thread about Masstoberfest here for all the details on the prizes.
10. When is the last time to buy raffle tickets using Paypal? 3 PM on Saturday. We will hold the drawing at 4.
11. Can I buy raffle tickets at the party? Yes. Use common sense and please don't come up to me with 400 nickels at 3:45 and want to buy the last ticket or I'll sick Yeager on you.
12. What are you doing with the money? Every cent goes to Babalu's family, everything raffled off has been donated either by Babalu's friends or by some of the vendors in the local area and from here on HBT. As you can imagine, this illness is putting a serious strain on that family. He is currently in a rehab facility a good 50 miles from his home.
13. Can I bring my beer along to a party of home brewers? Please do. Masstoberfest started out 4 years ago as a party amongst brewers and for brewers. If you made a beer and you are proud of it and want to share your best with us than PLEASE bring it along.
14. Will ther be beer there. Yes. I think we'll have 6 or seven brews on tap, more if you bring yours. More is good. Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
15. I have more questions, where can I ask them? At the party. Come on Saturday, have a good time, drink some beer, eat some BBQ and meet new people.