Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > Massachusetts HomeBrew Forum > Massholes near Attleboro

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2011, 10:08 PM   #1
JLem
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 169 Times on 149 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Massholes near Attleboro

Calling all Massholes...Calling all Massholes...

Anyone relatively local to Attleboro have a corker fit for champagne corks? I was just getting everything together so I could bottle a sour beer later this week and I just realized that these plastic corks I bought (http://www.midwestsupplies.com/plast...bag-of-12.html) don't fit in Belgian bottles. They fit fine in champagne bottles, but I only have ~6 of these. I have been stockpiling Belgian bottles assuming they were just like champagne bottle openings (I know, stupid of me to assume).

Anyway, I'd love to borrow/rent a corker so I could bottle this bad boy. Can anyone nearby help me out?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2011, 06:50 PM   #2
TheDudeLebowski
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 105 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Eeeerrh... Can't promise anything but what is the size of your batch? I know I have a couple of champagne bottles and large belgian (that might be the same size). Burn the candle at both ends. Corker or champagne bottles.

PS - I think the_bird has a thread on bottle trading. Wouldn't hurt to hit that thread with requests for bottles

Old 10-18-2011, 07:09 PM   #3
luke2080
Insert Witty Title Here..
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts

And if you can't find anything quick enough, you can always go to the packy, by lots of $2 Andre, and call it a day. Maybe pour all of the andre into a few jugs this weekend and have yourself a headache induced party.

Old 10-18-2011, 11:53 PM   #4
day_trippr
Recipes 

Liked 1380 Times on 1115 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke2080 View Post
And if you can't find anything quick enough, you can always go to the packy, by lots of $2 Andre, and call it a day. Maybe pour all of the andre into a few jugs this weekend and have yourself a headache induced party.
Oh god - that brought back long buried college memories of a frat/sorority mixer party gone horribly, horribly wrong...

Old 10-19-2011, 06:53 PM   #5
JLem
Recipes 

Liked 169 Times on 149 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke2080 View Post
I hadn't thought of that!! I could even get a mix of the standard Brut and the "Pink".

Quote:
Originally Posted by day_trippr View Post
Oh god - that brought back long buried college memories of a frat/sorority mixer party gone horribly, horribly wrong...
How could a frat/sorority mixer possibly go so wrong with Andre involved??!!?? Who'd you wake up next to?

Old 10-19-2011, 11:44 PM   #6
day_trippr
Recipes 

Liked 1380 Times on 1115 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLem View Post
[...]How could a frat/sorority mixer possibly go so wrong with Andre involved??!!?? Who'd you wake up next to?
Sadly, there was no "who". Or even a "what"

I woke up in the shower the next morning, with a lasting revulsion to even seeing an André label that persists to this day

Cheers!

Quick Reply

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS