Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > Massachusetts HomeBrew Forum > Live webcast of our brew session tomorrow

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2009, 05:47 PM   #21
rarjr
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

thanks for the great show guys!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2009, 01:40 AM   #22
paulthenurse

Recipes 

Location: Down by the rivah, Down by the banks of the Rivah Chahles.
Liked 321 Times on 257 Posts
Likes Given: 48

As unbelievable as it may be, there were DOZENS of folks watching our disfunctional-palooza brewfest today. Who would believe that there are that many people berift of any other sort of social interaction and companionship that they would spend a beutiful Saturday in July sitting in their mothers basement, watching folks they don't even know brew beer? You guys do know that you can pop on down to the Walmart and pick yourself up a life, right? They go on sale every once in a while and you might be able to get one at a pretty good price, especially if you have a coupon.

And as sad as it was to realize that there were 15-20 bogger pickers sitting in front of the computer shining the monkey watching us brew a ginormous batch of beer, it was worse turning around and seeing Cape Brewing on his knees in front of the computer talking to his 'special internet friends.' It was truely sad how he would put his fingers in front of the camera like he was making rabbit ears on the projector screen and shove his finger up my nose or something. Ya Brian, that's funny. Really! Hey, go get your 2 year old and bring him over, I bet he'll think it's a riot.

Old 07-12-2009, 01:46 AM   #23
KingBrianI
Recipes 

Liked 82 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I bet Brian is passed out right now. He wasn't too coherent there towards the end. Did all the wort get to where it was supposed to be? Surely someone was sober enough to oversee the process.

I'm too lazy and have too many beers going to keep updating this!

Old 07-12-2009, 01:55 AM   #24
Matt Up North
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Cape was definately mostly out by the end of it. I couldn't believe he had the where withall to take me and someone else on a tour of his basement bar and fermenting areas. Dude must sell crack or his ass cause that is one sweet setup he has there. As Yoda would say, "Jealous I am, hrmm."

That said, I did like the fact that they pulled off a two o'clock finish. Sadly it was two PST and not EST. Mrs. Cape was not too happy there.

To finish it off because I have to go take care of a BBQ, is that I am amazed that after all of the back and forth it was pulled off and that the beer that I sent arrived right at the nick of time. I also was there to watch them open that beauty and proceed to take it like it was the last 20oz of budweiser or some Cuervo. Or we could even go into the Ron Jeremy thinking and say taking it like ...no, can't go there. Either way, the beer was there and they drank it. That is all that maters.

Old 07-12-2009, 02:03 AM   #25
paulthenurse

Recipes 

Matt, you da man! Timing is everything and your timing was extrordinary. You are SO right about those douches slamming the Consecration like freshmen during rush week. "Uh guys, I just dropped a hundred bucks to get that beer sent here, do you mind not shotgunning it?"

Fortunatley, I only had two beers and a glass of the merlot all day so I was sober. Sure would have liked a sip of the Consecration, but that's ok. I gots me a source.

PTN

Old 07-12-2009, 02:05 AM   #26
paulthenurse

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Up North View Post
That said, I did like the fact that they pulled off a two o'clock finish. Sadly it was two PST and not EST. Mrs. Cape was not too happy there.
I don't think she''ll actually eviscerate him but it's touch and go.

PTN

Old 07-12-2009, 02:44 AM   #27
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 434 Times on 354 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Cape was mostly out of it your azz... that's crap... I just got back from a cookout where many Ommegangs were poured and things are still right as rain. 'Bout to take some OG readings...

BRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulthenurse View Post
I'm pretty much a douche in real life, too.

Old 07-12-2009, 02:56 AM   #28
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 434 Times on 354 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Fermenter # 1... 1089 at 82 degrees
Fermenter # 2... 1083 at 79 degrees

and they are both almost dead on exactly at 28 gallons each... that is before pitching.

Quote:
I'm pretty much a douche in real life, too.

Old 07-12-2009, 04:08 AM   #29
paulthenurse

Recipes 

B,
we're going to need to make up another 5 gallon batch this week. 2 X 28 = 56 Add in your 4 gallon starter and we have 60 gallons to go into a 59 gallon barrel. Figure 2 +/- gallons of sludge/yeast per fermentor and we'll be short going into the barrel.

No wait, we have to add the currents. That will take up volume. I might just make a 5 gallon batch anyways, we are going to want to have top up beer. We DON'T want to allow the aecetobacter to get a foothold in this.

Oh I'm sorry, I used technical brewing talk and I promised you I would stick to 1-2 syllable words when talking about brewing with you in the future. How's this... Brian, da bad buggies like to breathe. We don't want to give 'em any air. If we keep da barrel filled up like an egg dose nasty buggies can't do da Mambo. Da nasty buggie Mambo is BAD!!! Suffocate da bad buggies!!! Da good buggie Mambo is good. Good buggie don't breathe. Got it? If you got any questions, step away from the fermentors and call me.

Don"t F'ing touch ANYTHING unless I tell you it's OK!!!!!! God damn, I went damn near crazy with the Utopia in Yeagers basement. This one might just kill me. On the positive front, what's the worst you could do, turn the beer sour?

I mentioned to Courtney that we could come over tomorrow and help clean up and she went into clear and obvious spincter lock. Just something to think about... Me and Babalu doing a 'Naked Interperative Brewers Dance' on your front lawn should fill you with a bone chilling dread, a horror that rocks you to the foundation of your soul. Actually, the idea of me and Babalu naked in the same ZIP code should send every decent citizen of the republic rushing off to the local gunsmith to stock up on ammunition. Word to your mother.

PTN

Old 07-12-2009, 04:18 AM   #30
babalu87
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
I mentioned to Courtney that we could come over tomorrow and help clean up and she went into clear and obvious spincter lock. Just something to think about, me and Babalu doing a naked interperative brewers dance on your front lawn should fill you with a bone chilling dread, a horror that rocks you to the foundation of your soul. Actually, the idea of me and Babalu naked in the same ZIP code should send every decent citizen of the republic rushing off to the local gunsmith to stock up on ammunition. Word to your mother.

PTN
I just threw up in my mouth

Quick Reply