Get together for Boston area brewers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Um, sorry everyone but I've got to cancel! I'm suddenly very sick to my stomach a the idea of beergear doing the pole dance thing in my cellar! Yuck.

Akkk, OK, I'll relent and press on. I gues the brewday is still a go. But if even one of you jokers starts sheddin cotton I'm pullin' the plug immediatly.

Well, I just got home a little while ago from HBT Brother Paulthenurse's house spending the day brewing my first all-grain..Drinking, brewing and eating some great food. Btw. those ribs from the smoker were friggin awesome. Thanks Paul..:rockin:
It was nice to also meet another HBT brother beergears...He's more of a noobie than me.:)

Since i've been brewing, i've only done extract batches so it was great to see my first AG.
That sweet juice coming out of that mash tun was amazing...

I think Paul is gonna put some pics up soon. It was a great day... Thanks a million Paul, you were a great host...:mug: Right now i have a killer buzzz. It's all good...

Santa. I know what i want for Christmas...Starts with a M and ends in a tun.:D

A big thank you to Paul for having us over!

Yes, as Bulls Beers said, a fun day to learn more about AG steps, and generally, for n00bs, not to worry so much about some of the brewing process.

The pressing the grapes was a cool, and the Cab juice was tasty!

Lots of goodies around PTN's house, to look at, and enjoy. That last taste, the weisen was great!
All sorts of activities going on in the kitchen as well... simmering juices, canning...

A very interesting day in the brisk New England air, as the season shifts into winter. I can't wait for a brew day in the snow!

Here are a few pics from the Boston Brew Day

DSCF2823.jpg

From left to right Beergears, Paulthenurse, Brian the beer n00b, and Bulls Beers. We're racking a brown ale out of the primary, we're going to need that in a bit.

DSCF2827.jpg

Lots of good food. Silverware completely optional.

DSCF2826.jpg

I'm sober. Honest.

DSCF2828.jpg

He's not. Honest.

PTN

A few more. Here is the beer this morning. Nothing like throwing a crapload-o-yeast to get a quick fermentaion going.

DSCF2833.jpg

Here is the Bohemian Pils that I wanted to do yesterday. I brewed this today while SWMBO's and I cleaned up the porch and got it all organized. The carboy on the right is the "Gee MA, Look What I Found WeizenBock" that you guys sampled yesteday. I'm including that in my beerswap sendoffs, it just isn't quite RTD yet.

DSCF2834.jpg

PTN

Back