Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > Massachusetts HomeBrew Forum > The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2012, 01:03 PM   #3511
paulthenurse
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Location: Down by the rivah, Down by the banks of the Rivah Chahles.
Liked 256 Times on 219 Posts
Likes Given: 40

Can't say you made a bad choice with where you are going but Paris is fantastic. Even if is full of French people.

See, this is where I miss Babalu. He would jump in here and start busting balls about smelly Your-Oh-Pee-Uns.

Want to win the coolest trophy in Homebrewing? Come to Masstoberfest. September 27, 2014

Follow my Wood Fired Oven Build Thread here

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2012, 01:09 PM   #3512
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 405 Times on 330 Posts
Likes Given: 49

(Nodding in agreement).

I have to hit London once in a blue moon for work. It's not a bad city but if you're not doing the touristy Big Ben, Parliment stuff... It slows down big time in terms if stuff to do. Six days would be eternity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulthenurse View Post
I'm pretty much a douche in real life, too.

Old 10-19-2012, 01:16 PM   #3513
DakotaRules
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Brewing View Post
(Nodding in agreement).

I have to hit London once in a blue moon for work. It's not a bad city but if you're not doing the touristy Big Ben, Parliment stuff... It slows down big time in terms if stuff to do. Six days would be eternity.
http://youtu.be/iAgX6qlJEMc

Old 10-19-2012, 01:57 PM   #3514
j1laskey
Recipes 

Liked 190 Times on 153 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Brewing View Post
(Nodding in agreement).

Last summer my wife and I rented a car and toured Ireland for 10 days, with the plan of spending the first and last night in Dublin.
Then Hurricane Irene hit the east coast and stranded us in Dublin for an extra 5 days. Great city, but 7 days of it was way to much.
The Secretion Brewery

Let's think it over and stop making sense

Old 10-19-2012, 02:07 PM   #3515
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...

Recipes 

Never been to Dublin but I've heard the same type if comments from others.

Quote:

Old 10-19-2012, 02:21 PM   #3516
bluemoose

Recipes 

Liked 140 Times on 103 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Agree that 3 days in London is plenty. Taking the night train to Edinborough and spending some time in the highlands would also be a good choice. Not exactly city stuff, but the highlands are so beautiful that pictures just can not express it. Folks in the highlands are down to earth too. Unlike those in London IMHO.
Grab a bottle of Ben Nevis while you are there. I think you should be able to get it in England with a little searching. Best Whiskey in Scotland, and that is saying something!

Beer makes me pee.

Old 10-19-2012, 03:10 PM   #3517
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd

Recipes 

Liked 375 Times on 309 Posts
Likes Given: 99

Alright, picking up the sink this afternoon. I've got some Barkeeper's Friend around, should clean up nicely. I'm sure you are all overwhelmed with the drama.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

That'll do, Pigley. That'll do.

Old 10-19-2012, 03:26 PM   #3518
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...

Recipes 

Phew. I was on the edge of my seat!

Quote:

Old 10-19-2012, 07:38 PM   #3519
paulthenurse
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Location: Down by the rivah, Down by the banks of the Rivah Chahles.
Liked 256 Times on 219 Posts
Likes Given: 40

I’ve never felt a strong desire to connect with my Irish roots. Kinda odd, considering that I’m 100 proof Irish but it just never meant that much to me. Then the Pats schedule came out and they are playing the Rams in London in two weeks, and the next thing you know I’m going to the British Isles.
So my Dad’s father died when he was 16. Obviously I never knew him. His mother lived till I was 14 but she was an ornery old bird and didn’t ever want to talk about the ‘old country.’ (Kinda strange, as she got older she reverted to Gaelic and I didn’t understand a word the woman said.) My mother’s dad died when I was one. Her mother lived till I was in my 20’s but she was too busy being the curator of the Medford branch of the Vatican Museum to waste any time talking about Ireland. So I never really had a strong feeling for being Irish.

Years ago Al and I went to Ellis Island. I will never forget coming around a corner and seeing a wall sized picture of an Irish family gathered around their home. It shocked me to my soul. At least 20 people gathered around a hole in the ground. That was home. A dirt floored, dirt roofed, hole in the ground. That winter we went to Rome and while she marveled at the Coliseum I kept thinking about my ancestors living in dirt holes while the Romans built an empire.

So I started doing some investigating. Turns out I’m pretty good at digging up that sort of stuff. My paternal grandfather was relatively easy. He had two relatively unusual names. My grandmother was Bridget Duffy. Plug “Bridget Duffy, Ireland 1890” into a data base and your computer may start smoking. But I found him. He was born in Carrick on Suir, in County Killkenny in 1888 and worked as a slate miner. He arrived in Boston on May 7, 1914 with the comparatively flush sum of $69 in his pocket. He was drafted into the United States Army in 1917, went to France with the 305th Battalion, spent 78 days in the trenches on the front, fought in 6 major battles and earned United States citizenship for his troubles.

I’d like to introduce you guys to my grandfather, Maurice Francis Comerford.

After the war he came back to Boston, married, had kids and worked as an iron worker. Maurice was killed building the Tobin Bridge, knocked off the steel by a crane. Last week I found a plaque to him at the Local 7 hall.

I'm going home tonight, to find out who I truly am.

maurice_comerford.jpg  

Want to win the coolest trophy in Homebrewing? Come to Masstoberfest. September 27, 2014

Follow my Wood Fired Oven Build Thread here

Old 10-19-2012, 07:55 PM   #3520
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...

Recipes 

WOW... that... is... easily... the GAYEST post on all of HBT

Quote:
AZ_IPA Likes This 

Quick Reply