Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > Massachusetts HomeBrew Forum > The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2012, 06:50 PM   #3121
TheDudeLebowski
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 105 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamsterbite View Post
If those baggage handlers only knew that bag belonged to someone in first class it would have been luggage soup. NEVER put any kind of Fragile signage on checked items. If it's fragile, don't put it in there, or take sufficient packaging precations so that it is no longer fragile.

I'll tell you the problem with bubble wrap. If your bag is flagged for hand inspection, TSA is going to unwrap all of your packages and not take the same care you did to put it back together. Then they are all going to have a good laugh.
At least with the wine cases, it's a simple matter of putting the bottle back into the bottle shaped foam insert.
Thanks guys. I think my main concern was whether it was allowed. No matter now many times I tried to ship something to MA there was always a restriction. That's why I would automatically give a NH address. I think those laws have been relaxed. I think the last three times I flew I had those "TSA has been here. Let us know if we broke anything" (which they did) stuffed everywhere. So I'm on a good streak of being flagged. In the end I just won't stress. I could see them ripping apart the bubble wrap. I won't be shipping anything too expensive and I think I'd rather spend more time at Torrey Pine's Lodge or Stone Brewing than picking up packaging material. ::keeping fingers crossed::

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2012, 07:51 PM   #3122
Hamsterbite
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 46 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeLebowski View Post
Thanks guys. I think my main concern was whether it was allowed. No matter now many times I tried to ship something to MA there was always a restriction. That's why I would automatically give a NH address. I think those laws have been relaxed. I think the last three times I flew I had those "TSA has been here. Let us know if we broke anything" (which they did) stuffed everywhere. So I'm on a good streak of being flagged. In the end I just won't stress. I could see them ripping apart the bubble wrap. I won't be shipping anything too expensive and I think I'd rather spend more time at Torrey Pine's Lodge or Stone Brewing than picking up packaging material. ::keeping fingers crossed::
I don't think it was ever an issue of personal use/gifting as long as it was not being shipped by a beer/wine/spirit producer/distributor. It was a huge headache for them to ship directly to MA and stay in compliance between both states different 3 tier distribution requirements. There were ways to do it legally, but it was so much of a hassle, it wasn't worth it for all but the largest producers.

We ran into the same problem when we wanted relatives back in MA to try some of our favorite CA wines. We would have to ship it ourselves. The two states apparently came up with some sort of fix a couple years back.

Now, shipping alcohol in general is a bit of a slippery slope. USPS does not allow it, but I'm not sure if they have any actual penalties posted on their website. Being a federal insitution, personally , I wouldn't tempt fate. https://www.usps.com/ship/can-you-ship-it.htm?
As far as UPS/Fedex, it's more don't ask, don't tell. Of course, alcohol is a controlled substance, and the owner is responsible for not letting it fall into the wrong hands of those who are underage or otherwise prohibited from posession, i.e dry counties, repeat offenders, etc. There is a real liability.

Sometimes the angels punish us by answering our prayers. -Peart

Next Brew: SWMBO's choice. Probably Saison.
Primary: Janet's Brown, Mulled Chamomile Cider/Perry
Secondary: Nada
Bottle Conditioning: Nada
Bottled and Ready: Hop in the Dark, Raison Detre, Hoppy Saison

Old 09-10-2012, 08:43 PM   #3123
ComcastWineRookie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 93

I have a guy in CA that will ship me alcohol from his store, does it Fedex, ID required showing im over the age of 21, signature required. Thats how I get all my russian river products. Works well so far, any 6 bottles I want, 25 dollar shipping.

Old 09-11-2012, 05:09 PM   #3124
TheDudeLebowski
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 105 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Has anyone pulled Pinchflat out of the ocean yet?

Old 09-11-2012, 09:39 PM   #3125
homebeerbrewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 79 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Jeez, I thought that was a whale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaRules View Post
... I just threw up on my wife.

Old 09-13-2012, 04:10 AM   #3126
paulthenurse

Recipes 

Location: Down by the rivah, Down by the banks of the Rivah Chahles.
Liked 320 Times on 256 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Hey Mutta Farkahs

Sorry to disappoint but I'm alive, and I finished Hyannis in under two hours!! It was pretty sporty on the swim, a good 3-4 foot swells along with the shore chop but like the mighty leviathan I persevered! Passed a bunch of people on the bike then watched them all pass me on the run. And if I ever meet the barstid who decided to have the final 100 yards of the run on beach sand I'm going to kill him. That was beyond cruel.

Dove up in Gloucester the next day and caught a bunch of bugs. All in all a great weekend!

Old 09-13-2012, 04:14 AM   #3127
paulthenurse

Recipes 

Location: Down by the rivah, Down by the banks of the Rivah Chahles.
Liked 320 Times on 256 Posts
Likes Given: 48

BTW Rick,

Please stop drunk dialing me at midnight. It's getting tough to explain. Ive told her repeatedly but Alice doesn't get it that you are a helmet wearing, short bus riding, booger picking' retard.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:08 PM   #3128
homebeerbrewer

Recipes 

Liked 79 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Ok, I'll stop calling at midnight. How's 3:00?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaRules View Post
... I just threw up on my wife.

Old 09-14-2012, 01:18 AM   #3129
barneygumble
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Pumpkin Ale is in primary.

IPA this weekend.

Its fall.

did I just write a half assed haiku?

Old 09-14-2012, 01:39 AM   #3130
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...

Recipes 

Liked 433 Times on 353 Posts
Likes Given: 49

No

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulthenurse View Post
I'm pretty much a douche in real life, too.

Quick Reply