Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > Massachusetts HomeBrew Forum > The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2012, 06:37 PM   #2311
barneygumble
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebeerbrewer View Post
Wow, a librarian? That must be an exciting job...
I was embibing at the time...libertarian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaRules View Post
She Who Must Be Obeyed
No, I'm not the one who makes that vow..and no preevert pics of teh missus. Sorry to disappoint the nurse. I will, however take preevert pics of mahself in a bra and post em here if you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird View Post
You aren't missing anything with the local club, IMO. I've never quite understood how a group of guys could take something as fun as homebrewing and completely suck the life out of it. I was part of the club when it first founded (back when meetings took place in the non-defunct Pittfield Brew Works), and it was pretty cool. Helped that there were a couple HBT'ers there, too. Dropped out for a while (too busy working on the house), but I came back for a while when it was in Kevin's shop, and it just really sucked. The guy who used to man Kevin's shop, I can't remember his name, doesn't know jack **** about brewing.

But, I don't know... it was just boring as ****.

Take a ride over to Hennessy Homebrew, in Rensselaer. I love Northern Brewer, but Hennessy is a pretty kick-ass homebrew shop.
I'll check out Hennessy. And good to know about the club that I'm not available for. The brew works made some good beers, and some ok beers, but I do miss them too. Now its a pizza joint. I never liked the quality or lack of selection in Kevin's shop. He did better working outta his house.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2012, 08:04 PM   #2312
paulthenurse
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Location: Down by the rivah, Down by the banks of the Rivah Chahles.
Liked 290 Times on 241 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Who said anything about perverted? Something 'artistic' would have been fine. Oh well, that would probably get us taken to the woodshed. Again. This thread is wicked pissa, it would be a shame to send it to timeout.

Besides, I'm probably old enough to be your SWMBO's kindly older cousin, it would be kind wrong to check her out in those 'artistic' poses. I would do it so as not to hurt her feelings but it would be just a couple of perfunctory glances and I wouldn't enjoy them. Really.

And as for you, Dakota, I've half a mind to banish you from the thread for a week. You don't give up the meaning of the SWMBO to someone who just asks for it. They need to earn it, show a little initiative, do a little research, read up a bit. It's all part of earning the HBT culture, of learning how to be an EAC. If you just spoon feed them we end up with a bunch of Rick's and Rook's hanging around.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:11 PM   #2313
barneygumble
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulthenurse View Post
Who said anything about perverted? Something 'artistic' would have been fine. Oh well, that would probably get us taken to the woodshed. Again. This thread is wicked pissa, it would be a shame to send it to timeout.

Besides, I'm probably old enough to be your SWMBO's kindly older cousin, it would be kind wrong to check her out in those 'artistic' poses. I would do it so as not to hurt her feelings but it would be just a couple of perfunctory glances and I wouldn't enjoy them. Really.

And as for you, Dakota, I've half a mind to banish you from the thread for a week. You don't give up the meaning of the SWMBO to someone who just asks for it. They need to earn it, show a little initiative, do a little research, read up a bit. It's all part of earning the HBT culture, of learning how to be an EAC. If you just spoon feed them we end up with a bunch of Rick's and Rook's hanging around.
Prolly right. No point in sending this thread to the woodshed. And I did look for the definition of O. I summized the rest. I went to the beginners' forum and looked for definitions and acronyms and everything. I even tried the search feature. Then I searched for the meaning of the O on google, without filters, cuz I was bored. Much better results there.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:44 PM   #2314
barneygumble
Recipes 

Red Sox SUCK!!! Fire Valentine! Beckett is a bum, we shouldda canned him! Batters cant hit a watermelon with a sledge hammer!!!

Sox down 2-0 in the second.

Old 04-07-2012, 11:47 PM   #2315
bluemoose
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 143 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 5

160 -2!

Beer makes me pee.

Old 04-08-2012, 01:30 AM   #2316
homebeerbrewer

Recipes 

Liked 75 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 22

It's not called the woodshed, it's called the boneyard. PTN spends so much time there, his keyboard is sticking. Either that, or his fingers are all sticky, and he can't type worth a sh!t.

Oh, barney, PTN is old enough to be your SWMBO's grandfather, not older cousin...

Quote:
... I just threw up on my wife.

Old 04-08-2012, 01:55 AM   #2317
barneygumble
Recipes 

Quote:
It's not called the woodshed, it's called the boneyard. PTN spends so much time there, his keyboard is sticking. Either that, or his fingers are all sticky, and he can't type worth a sh!t.

Oh, barney, PTN is old enough to be your SWMBO's grandfather, not older cousin...
The boneyard is invisible to me. Must be one of dem dar preemium perks. Are there naked bewbie pics of wimminz? Cuz I dont wanna see naked bewbie pics of PTN.

Old 04-08-2012, 02:30 AM   #2318
homebeerbrewer

Recipes 

Liked 75 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Yeah, plenty of nekid wimminz, but thankfully, none of PTN.

Quote:
... I just threw up on my wife.

Old 04-08-2012, 04:19 AM   #2319
barneygumble
Recipes 

Quote:
Yeah, plenty of nekid wimminz, but thankfully, none of PTN.
That is a relief. None of these women have adam's apples and are beauty queens from Canada, I hope. (I know for sure that if I was drunk in a bar and picked that up, not knowing, I'd have hit it and bragged about it. I think I need a shower for even saying that)

Anyway, I buy my stuff mostly from NB, and was hoping that by late summer, when I'm back in brewing mode (I have two more batches in the pipeline then its summer haitus for me. I have two on tap, two ready for secondary, one lambic framboise on raspberries and the two ready for brewing next Wed when I get time off) that I could line up an ordering buddy. I just got back into brewing after taking a couple of years off and have scaled back. I brew mostly extracts with specialty grains, but I also brew BIAB partials and all grain. My three tier system is collecting mothballs. It was too labor intensive and too damn cold in winter to brew. I aint no spring chicken either. The NB syrup is gooood stuff. Briess makes it for 'em and they specify the grains used and list them on their site. Its fresh as all hell, and if you buy cases of 6 pounders, its just over $2,25/lb. Good variety too. I asked once on the phone if they would mix n match the case, they were hesitant, but I think it could be done. I still dont get why people like dme over this stuff. I think its cuz they are still buying from the LHBS and dont know.

Why buy dehydraded LME, lose flavor and freshness and pay more? Do they still judge LME by those aweful coopers cans?

Old 04-08-2012, 11:53 PM   #2320
paulthenurse
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Location: Down by the rivah, Down by the banks of the Rivah Chahles.
Liked 290 Times on 241 Posts
Likes Given: 47

image-4020560627.jpg

I DID walk over and ask if she was all right before snapping the picture.

I sure hope she took the CDW on her rental.
image-3680111853.jpg  

Quick Reply