Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > Massachusetts HomeBrew Forum > The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2012, 12:04 AM   #2301
barneygumble
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeager1977 View Post
I have become comfortably numb............
Is there anybody out there.

Is there anybody out there.

There are brewers here. They have a club. Wandering Star brewery does all kinds of things with them. They meet on Monday nights. I work on Monday nights. I have Tue and Wed nights off. They have no desire to move their dates. I met a couple of them at the LHBS. The LHBS went out of business this past Christmas.

I buy all my stuff via Northern Brewer now, and have no connections for bulk buys.

I relocated here from Central Ma for work reasons and know absolutely no one. What makes it worse, my schedule is not condusive to meeting new people.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2012, 12:06 AM   #2302
yeager1977
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 15 Posts

I repeat "I have become comfortably numb"

Old 04-07-2012, 12:10 AM   #2303
barneygumble
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeager1977 View Post
I repeat "I have become comfortably numb"
I hope to be when I get out too. Tapped the strong pale ale and the double chocolate milk stout last night. I plan on having a couple of stouts when I get home. I'll kill the pale ale too quickly if I get started in on that one.

Unless I am missing your meaning.

Old 04-07-2012, 03:43 AM   #2304
paulthenurse
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Location: Down by the rivah, Down by the banks of the Rivah Chahles.
Liked 290 Times on 241 Posts
Likes Given: 47

No one is ever 100% sure of what Yeager is tapping about, Barney. Just nod your head and say, "Uhhhhh huh.". That's what we do.

So Barney, if you want to join our little dysfunctional community you need to tell us a little bit about yourself. Just the important stuff; where you live, what you brew, wife's cup size, favorite recipe, etc.1 That sort of stuff. Welcome.

Old 04-07-2012, 03:52 AM   #2305
DakotaRules
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulthenurse
No one is ever 100% sure of what Yeager is tapping about, Barney. Just nod your head and say, "Uhhhhh huh.". That's what we do.

So Barney, if you want to join our little dysfunctional community you need to tell us a little bit about yourself. Just the important stuff; where you live, what you brew, wife's cup size, favorite recipe, etc.1 That sort of stuff. Welcome.
Paul really wants know your cup size...

Old 04-07-2012, 05:09 AM   #2306
barneygumble
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulthenurse View Post

I am currently living in the wonderful peoples republic of the Berkshires. And I am a Liberarian leaning R who supports Ron Paul and government getting the hell outta people's lives, so I am a pariah here. I gotta get the hell out. I moved here from central ma for work a few years ago and I hate it here.

I brew lotsa stuff, I was outta brewing for a couple few years cuz of mah job, and no one to share with cuz of the move and my hours. I hate everything Belgian and Wheat, except for sours, tho. I got a girl happy Framboise sitting on 9# of raspberries as we speak for a late summer wedding.

My SWMBO (and wtf does the O stand for? Not owned thats for sure...)
has a 34 C/D depending on the manufacturer. She looks like a cross between Kate Jackson and Teri Hatcher. She loves beer, football, and the outdoors. And loves the smell of a good wort getting boiled.

My favorite recipe is my strong pale ale biab. Since I started again, I am focused on perfecting procedure. I tried this one tonight with mah new found knowledge from here, and I nailed it. I'd stack this one up against anything I get served in my only local brew pub in the pale ale category. This tech stuff might not all suck after all.

I have a pocketrock cell, rotary land line, no answering machine and disabled text AND voice messaging on the rock. I hate everything "tech". And I fear change.

Oh and I am a huge supporter of the wicked pissa New England Patriots, and have been a fan since kidhood. I was there for the opening of the old beer can as a wee lad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaRules View Post
Paul really wants know your cup size...
My cup size is a 42 A. Almost a B. I hope to get it back to a B with some more time in the gym.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:56 AM   #2307
paulthenurse
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Location: Down by the rivah, Down by the banks of the Rivah Chahles.
Liked 290 Times on 241 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Ya, you devoted WAY too much time to the frivolous details of your beer likes and dislikes, political ideology and your views on postmodern man, and not nearly enough time providing details on the SWMBO's sweater puppies.

If you can't provide photographic evidence of the latter then you clearly have a true SWMBO and you'll probably be great friends with Yeager. (Not that any of us are looking for sweater pics of LeeAnne the Mercy-less, Destroyer of All Things Testosterone. <shudder>)

Old 04-07-2012, 11:41 AM   #2308
homebeerbrewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 75 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneygumble View Post

And I am a Liberarian leaning R who supports Ron Paul and government getting the hell outta people's lives, so I am a pariah here.

Wow, a librarian? That must be an exciting job...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaRules View Post
... I just threw up on my wife.

Old 04-07-2012, 12:21 PM   #2309
DakotaRules
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneygumble
My SWMBO (and wtf does the O stand for? Not owned thats for sure...)
She Who Must Be Obeyed

Old 04-07-2012, 12:23 PM   #2310
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 378 Times on 311 Posts
Likes Given: 102

You aren't missing anything with the local club, IMO. I've never quite understood how a group of guys could take something as fun as homebrewing and completely suck the life out of it. I was part of the club when it first founded (back when meetings took place in the non-defunct Pittfield Brew Works), and it was pretty cool. Helped that there were a couple HBT'ers there, too. Dropped out for a while (too busy working on the house), but I came back for a while when it was in Kevin's shop, and it just really sucked. The guy who used to man Kevin's shop, I can't remember his name, doesn't know jack **** about brewing.

But, I don't know... it was just boring as ****.

Take a ride over to Hennessy Homebrew, in Rensselaer. I love Northern Brewer, but Hennessy is a pretty kick-ass homebrew shop.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

That'll do, Pigley. That'll do.

Quick Reply