New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > Massachusetts HomeBrew Forum > Boston, MA....beer hell?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 09:24 PM   #11
mesfet
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I moved here from Dallas and was also surprised to see no beer being sold in grocery stores or gas stations.

But if you make it into Andover, go to Andover Liquors at 209 North main st. (near the intersection of 28 and 133). They have a pretty good selection of beer. Here is the website, although it looks like it focuses on wine, they still have a large beer selection: http://www.andoverliquors.com/

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2010, 09:41 PM   #12
artyusmc
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 13

down the street on rt 38 about two miles away from the highway is a package store/ liquer store on the right with a excellent selection. Also get a ride to downtown lowell about 5 miles there is a mirco brewery mostly college kids thou. Also around downtown lowell is quite a few bars resturants and a irish pub on market street.

the next day go to the waffle house on rt 38 about 1/4 mile from the higway on the leftside of rt 38, my nephew's best friend runs it and it has friendly service and good food.

There is a brewry in Manchester NH and merrimack NH has a budwieser plant with tours. Also in Nashu Nh is a Homebrew store that sells IPAs and other microbrewery beers

Old 04-01-2010, 01:53 AM   #13
thedude123
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Dude go to Andover Liquors or Den Rock. Your hotel is directly across the street from where I work. I work in that Ames Pond complex.

http://www.andoverliquors.com/

Den Rock
54 Peters St.
North Andover, Massachusetts, 01845
United States
phone: (978) 683-2216

Merrimack Valley Homebrew Club

http://mvhbc.com/

Old 04-03-2010, 06:38 PM   #14
TCHDNSD
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

I managed get into Lowell on Wed. night. Went to Lowell Beer Works.
Met a couple of locals and we chatted with them over a couple of beers.
We got into Boston last night and stayed in Beacon Hill. Found a bottle shop and took some pics. Bought a Brew Dog bomber and then broke it on the bathroom floor in the hotel trying to open it.
Did the Harpoon tour today and am now sitting in the airport at teh Harpoon outlet waiting for our flight.
Maybe I'll make it out here another time when I have more free time and can really enjoy.

Mad props to you Massholes. Everyone we have met has been very friendly and answer the stupid questions a tourist would have.
Thanks.

Quick Reply