Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > Massachusetts HomeBrew Forum > Announcing the third (or is it the fourth?) annual Masstoberfest

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2010, 06:04 AM   #111
paulthenurse
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Location: Down by the rivah, Down by the banks of the Rivah Chahles.
Liked 321 Times on 257 Posts
Likes Given: 48

BTW,

Masstoberfest takes flight rain or shine. I'm going to have a fairly large hunk-o-hawg in the back of my truck on Friday. It's getting cooked one way or the other. Just as insurance, who has portable awnings? I have a 10 X 10 portable and the gazebo on the porch. Unfortunately the gazebo got hammered when that wind storm came thru last week and the roof ripped at every point where it attached to the frame. So if you have a portable awning please consider bringing it. Just thinking ahead.

PTN

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2010, 12:40 PM   #112
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 434 Times on 354 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulthenurse View Post
Shenanigans.

Is that like when Cape calls his wife up and tells her he is at the store and will be on the way home shortly, then puts the phone back in his pocket and pocket dials her back and she gets to listen to him act the fool for the next hour at one of our other brewfests? Is that an example of the shenanigans of which you speak? Cause I gotta tell ya, I'd give a year off Yeagers life for a picture of the look on his face when he realized she'd been listening in for the last hour. Babalu was laughing so hard he nearly peed himself at those shenanigans.

Oh, one other thing. Don't leave your camera lying around. Ask Colby why.

PTN
LOL!! Oh man... BOTH of those times were effin histerical. I thought Babalu was gonna puke he was laughing so hard over the camera thing.

And man, I dont think I've ever been as stone cold busted like that time with my phone. "hi Honey pookins, I'm ON THE ROAD, I'm be home shortly. Hopefully there wont be any traffic". (THINK I hang up the phone) "phew!!! Now i can have another beer! Meh, I'll just tell her there was an accidwnt or something"

.... Go to pick up my phone two minutes later... And hear my wife say... "I'M STILL HERE MORON. I have been listening to you for the last two minutes. How's the accident??? Cleared up yet?"

Buuuuuuuusted. Bwaaaw bwaaw bwaaaaaaaaaw

Good times. Good times.

Quote:
I'm pretty much a douche in real life, too.

Old 10-08-2010, 04:19 PM   #113
JustMrWill
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
BTW,

Just as insurance, who has portable awnings?
PTN
I have one (10x10). If it survives this weekend's camping trip, it will be there.

Do you need anything else? Paper supplies? Is this a "pot luck"? Should I make something?

-Will

"I know drinking kills brain cells--but only the weak ones "

"Fill with mingled cream and amber, I will drain that glass again. Such hilarious visions clamber Through the chambers of my brain. Quantist thoughts – queerest fancies, Come to life and fade away: What care I how time advances? I am drinking ale today." – Edgar Allan Poe

Old 10-08-2010, 04:30 PM   #114
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 434 Times on 354 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Paul.... just a thought... you might want to post another thread that is basically just the webcast annoucement telling folks that this disaster will be for everyone to view if they want.

Unless folks are specifically following this thread, they wouldn't know and I think you'll get a few folks that wouldn't mind watching this train wreck.

Quote:
I'm pretty much a douche in real life, too.

Old 10-08-2010, 11:47 PM   #115
Strangebird
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Me and my girlfriend will be there. I don't have an awning, but should folks bring camp chairs and the like? I have at least two.

Old 10-09-2010, 01:03 AM   #116
paulthenurse

Recipes 

Chairs are good. I have a bunch of plastic ones but probably not enough for everyone coming.

Will, that is great about the awning. I appreciate it. Even if it's nice and sunny it is still a good idea to have a few up. I believe Rick has one also, I'll put the arm on him, too.

And as far as what to bring, I'm just asking that if you are coming you bring a dish of something. Anything. Don't matter to me. Appetizer, desert, whatever. If you like it, bring it. I promise you, the hungry hoards there will be grateful and enjoy whatever is there on the communal table. I do know that for main course meat type stuff, I'm BBQing a whold hawg and both Yeager and Melana are bringing Brisket. I'll probably make up a batch of ABT's and Alice is planning on going in to the Haymarket on Sat morning so I assure you that she will try to balance out the lipid levels with a salad of some sort.

PTN

Old 10-09-2010, 01:05 AM   #117
paulthenurse

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Brewing View Post
Paul.... just a thought... you might want to post another thread that is basically just the webcast annoucement telling folks that this disaster will be for everyone to view if they want.

Unless folks are specifically following this thread, they wouldn't know and I think you'll get a few folks that wouldn't mind watching this train wreck.
I'll get either Yeager or Joos on that.

PTN

Old 10-09-2010, 01:26 AM   #118
Strangebird
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Any rough idea of how many people will be there? We will likely be bringing a desert, but I want to make sure there's enough.

Old 10-09-2010, 02:02 AM   #119
yeager1977
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 16 Posts

I'm bringing 2 full briskets that I am smoking this Sunday, so we will definitely have enough protein.

Old 10-09-2010, 02:03 AM   #120
yeager1977
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 16 Posts

I will be broadcasting this, and will be using ptn's iphone. That way if I drop it in one of the brews it won't be mine.

Quick Reply