Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > Massachusetts HomeBrew Forum > Announcing the third (or is it the fourth?) annual Masstoberfest

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2010, 01:20 PM   #1
paulthenurse
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Location: Down by the rivah, Down by the banks of the Rivah Chahles.
Liked 183 Times on 164 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Default Announcing the Third Annual Masstoberfest and benefit for Babalu87

Hey folks,

Well, it's that time of year again. Time for New England brewers to gather together to eat, drink and brew. I'm throwing another Masstoberfest party at my place on Saturday October 16. Any and all Home Brewers and friends of Home Brewers are invited. We'll do it the way we've done it in past years, I'll fire up Bertha and cook some BBQ and ask that anyone coming bring along a dish of something. (I'm hoping Melana gets Big John to peels some apples so she can make her apple cake again. That was a not so subtle hint.)

One thing that I want to do a little different this year is to use the party to do some good. Most of you know about what is going on with Babalu87, if you don't know about it then please read FrankW's thread here. That should give you all the information you need to know. Babalu is a well known member of both the New England and the HBT communities. He is a giant of a man with a personality to match. He's having a hard time right now with some medical issues. I want to hold this years party with the goal of raising some much needed money to help out Babalu's family. We'll do things like put out a cookie jar, hold a vintage beer/wine raffle, a 50/50 raffle, etc. I've even heard rumors of donated Pats tickets. I'll do what I can to get donations from the local HB shops, etc.

No one HAS to participate in that part of the party in any way. We all have our own economic circumstances to worry about and I wouldn't dream of making this a 'have to' event. We've held this party for a few years now and it's been a real blast and it will be again. If you can afford to drop a few extra bucks into a cookie jar for Fullers family that's great. If you can't then PLEASE don't feel like you shouldn't come. We are all part of this community and we all have our own circumstances. Come and meet other New England area brewers, bring along some of your beer for us to sample/critique/praise, eat too much BBQ, brew with us that day, and have a great time. See you all on October 16.

[discuss]

WINNERS IN BLACK BELOW

Updated to add a list of items donated for the raffle

I'll continue to update this list as items are confirmed

Click Here to Purchase a Chance for the Raffle - $20 each
(You will not receive a physical raffle ticket, your Paypal Receipt is your ticket. Be sure to indicate your online HBT name so whe know who you are and can contact you if you win.)

Complete All Grain Brewing System (2 x 15 Gallon Keggles, JayBird's Stainless False Bottom (Redding, CA), Cooler Mash Tun, Turkey Fryer, Immersion Chiller, Custom Mash Paddle from Mashpaddle.com) - Matt Menard , Taunton, MA

Yes, that's right, someone is going to win an all grain rig for the cost of a $20 raffle ticket!!!

7 Gallon Stainless Conical - Steve Gravel, Portsmouth, RI

$50 gift certificate Brewmasters Warehouse Marietta, GA - Jae Wilson, Middleboro, MA

$50 gift certificate Brewmasters Warehouse - John D Hall, Brazoria, TX

Two tickets to the presumptive 2010 Super Bowl Winning New England Patriots homegame at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, Ma See below for more details on the Pats tix. - Smurf Juice

5 gallon glass carboy - Shawn Curran

$25 Gift Certificate from Beer and Wine Hobby in Woburn, MA. - Benjamin Brown, Medford, MA

Two Kits from Modern Homebrew Emporium in Cambridge, MA, including one that the manufacturer is donating part of the proceeds towards prostate research. (WTH, we're all getting older.) - Chris Soper, Chandler, AZ - James Post, Aurora, CO

A $25 Gift Certificate from MoreBeer - The Bird
A $25 Gift Certificate from MoreBeer - Michael Ontolchik, Mentor, OH
A $25 Gift Certificate from MoreBeer - willceaser
26 gallon heavy duty brew pot from More Beer. - Stephen Mayo, Derry, NH

Two bottles of Vintage Thomas Hardy Ale donated by the Nashville Brew Club Music City Brewers - The Bird

A full sack of Marris Otter grain from The Witches Brew. - Andrew Ippolito, Germantown, MD

One 33# Jerry Pack of Malt Extract from The Witches Brew - Smurf Juice

$100 Gift Certificate to The Witches Brew - Kevin Farrel, Medfor, MA

A complete Seirra Nevada Bigfoot 12 year vertical tasting! (1 bottle of each year from 1999 to 2010).
- paultheoriginal

Stainless Drip Tray - Joe Dragon, Warrenville, IL

Stainless HopStopper False Bottom - Byron DeLaBarre, Arlongton, MA

Raffle winners who are not local are responsible for shipping charges

PTN

Last edited by paulthenurse; 09-25-2010 at 12:50 PM. Reason: add new items

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2010, 03:43 PM   #2
Hippie
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'll try to show up and provide the comic relief/entertainment end of things

Tertiary:
Kegged:Chocolate Cherry Porter

Old 09-22-2010, 04:51 PM   #3
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 380 Times on 311 Posts
Likes Given: 47

I'm a "highly likely". We have calendar juggling to do but it shouldn't be a problem.

I might have a couple kegs ready for that weekend too. (don't worry, we'll taste em before we let anyone else)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulthenurse View Post
I'm pretty much a douche in real life, too.

Old 09-23-2010, 01:36 AM   #4
paulthenurse
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippie View Post
I'll try to show up and provide the comic relief/entertainment end of things

I'm NOT driving you up to friggin' Ipswich at 11:30 pm this time! Although I laughed so hard on the ride that you could probably talk me into it again. Just no stops at some bucket of blood basement VFW.

PTN

Alcohol!
Because no-one ever started a great story with, "I was just finishing a lovely salad when..."

Follow my Wood Fired Oven Build Thread here

Old 09-23-2010, 01:39 AM   #5
paulthenurse
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Brewing View Post

I might have a couple kegs ready for that weekend too. (don't worry, we'll taste em before we let anyone else)

Ass beer is always a big hit.

PTN

Alcohol!
Because no-one ever started a great story with, "I was just finishing a lovely salad when..."

Old 09-23-2010, 01:33 PM   #6
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd

Recipes 

Liked 355 Times on 293 Posts
Likes Given: 95

Should be in. That weekend's clear, and it's on the calendar. Have to see if I'll have any beer to share, see if anything's left from the wedding the weekend prior.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

That'll do, Pigley. That'll do.

Old 09-23-2010, 01:51 PM   #7
paulthenurse
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

I am thrilled to announce that Ed from Brewmasters Warehouse has just sent us two $50 gift certificates to be raffled off at Masstoberfest for Jeff's benefit. If I get the go ahead from him we'll announce who sponsored the gifts, if the donors wish to remain anonymous I'll respect that.

Thank you, Ed and thanks to everyone who is helping Babalu87 and his family out however they can.

PTN

Alcohol!

Old 09-23-2010, 01:54 PM   #8
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...

Recipes 

I can't imagine me NOT having some sort of Patriots tickets as part of this deal. I just need to figure out the best way to do it.

Quote:

Old 09-23-2010, 01:59 PM   #9
paulthenurse
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

No sweat. You sign over your seasons tickets to me and I handle it from there.

That was easy.

Next?

PTN

Alcohol!

Old 09-23-2010, 02:05 PM   #10
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...

Recipes 

That is going to be my new signature... FOR... EVA...

Nah, the tickets thing is more of a question of what game I would get them for. I have my two seats for Holloween which I can definately donate since I'll be going door to door with the chilluns.

OR... I can go out on the Ticket Exchange as a season ticket holder and grab two more for really,any other game, but I won't know EXACTLy where those seats are until reasonably close to that game being played.

I could offer up MY two (which are pretty good seats... top teir but only 6 rows up and right on the 50) and then get two more for myself... or... just get two more pretty decent seats and put THOSE up for auction....

Lotsa options... like I was saying, I just need to figure out the best way to do it.

Quote:

Quick Reply