Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > Massachusetts HomeBrew Forum > American Craft Brewfest

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2009, 06:48 PM   #31
CrankyOldLibrarian
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls Beers View Post
Just got home from a great day of tasting beer. I'm toast...Hundred's of beers...So little time. A shout out to Al (sumo)...I'm not sure how many people were there, but it was packed and I was at the early session..I was looking for ya Todd, But there would be no way i would've found you..Too many people..I hope you had fun though.

Cheers
I couldn't believe how many people were there during the afternoon session. Last year, there were very few lines, only at a handful of the most popular breweries, not at virtually every brewery like this year. I still had fun, and the long lines meant that I drank a bit less and had to be a bit more selective about the beers that I would wait for. (I'm not sure if this was a good or a bad thing.)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2009, 09:08 PM   #32
secinarot
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Great Time!

This was a great event! Better than last year. I was surprised at how the early session was so crowded - more than last year. I was most impressed with Pretty Things - outstanding! First time I have tried their beers as they are so new to the scene.

My friends had what seemed to be a great plan - start with the lighter beers like wheats and summers so as not to mess up the palate when we hit the more robust offerings. We foolishly thought that we could make it around 1 time on the lights then do a second lap with the heavy's - yeah right! We made it about 2/3 through and found we were running low on time so we had to pick up the pace and switch over to the heavy's ASAP!

No question I'll be buying my tickets for the 2010 show as soon as they are available!

On Deck: Pale Ale

Old 06-22-2009, 10:38 PM   #33
Bulls Beers
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 139 Times on 104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyOldLibrarian View Post
I couldn't believe how many people were there during the afternoon session. Last year, there were very few lines, only at a handful of the most popular breweries, not at virtually every brewery like this year. I still had fun, and the long lines meant that I drank a bit less and had to be a bit more selective about the beers that I would wait for. (I'm not sure if this was a good or a bad thing.)
It was a bit too crowded for me.. We got there about 1230 and the line was unbelievably long to get in..I do have to say it went fast though. When we got in the room, the lines weren't that bad. 4-5 people or less..Towards the end, every beer line was 15-20+ and slooow..I don't have any patience for that. I'm Sorry I missed you..

Spezialisiert auf Deutsch Lagerbier...

Quick Reply