Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway - Last Weekend to Enter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > New Hampshire HomeBrew Forum > New England Homebrewers Jamboree Saturday Sept 12th, 2009

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2009, 12:15 AM   #21
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 415 Times on 340 Posts
Likes Given: 49

... hittin' the strawberry port a little early today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulthenurse View Post
I'm pretty much a douche in real life, too.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2009, 01:09 AM   #22
paulthenurse
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Location: Down by the rivah, Down by the banks of the Rivah Chahles.
Liked 291 Times on 242 Posts
Likes Given: 47

I f'ing hate the keyboard on my iPhone. It sucks worse than..... A whole bunch of stuff.

Not as much as CapeBrewing but close.

PTN

Old 09-10-2009, 12:56 PM   #23
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...

Recipes 

yeah... it's the phone.

Quote:

Old 09-15-2009, 02:59 PM   #24
babalu87
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Few things

CB makes a hell of a breakfast even though it cost our club winning the peoples choice because breakfast was late and we were late in getting set up. No braggin rights for us, thanks CB

We have a WARRIOR in our club. Guy was crab walking two nights in a row to his tent and then rises from the ashes hours later to start popping corks on double digit ABV beers with whoever was left at the campfire.

We have a quiet one that is a laugh riot once he gets a few in his system. Party on dude, party on.

I told all of you to pace yourself Friday night, good job listening........ at least only one of you puked.

Dropping the meatballs = EPIC FAIL!

Most beers on tap at the beer garden
SSBC bishes!
10 including one on the beer engine

Be there or be square in 2010

Old 09-17-2009, 08:29 PM   #25
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by babalu87 View Post
Few things

CB makes a hell of a breakfast even though it cost our club winning the peoples choice because breakfast was late and we were late in getting set up. No braggin rights for us, thanks CB
That's crap... I rallied like a champ to get that breakfast made and it was top notch stuff and I was so hurtin' I couldn't even freakin' eat it! And our second place finish had ZERO to do with me... maybe if a certain brewer had brought more than a gallon of the stuff we wouldn't have run out half way through the day... and that was after we were supposedly late!!

Quote:
We have a WARRIOR in our club. Guy was crab walking two nights in a row to his tent and then rises from the ashes hours later to start popping corks on double digit ABV beers with whoever was left at the campfire.
I was blown away... seriously... it was absolutely effin astonishing. You forgot to mention that he actually fell on top of his tent Saturday night (and i swear I heard a tent pole snap) and then rallied a few hours later.

Quote:
We have a quiet one that is a laugh riot once he gets a few in his system. Party on dude, party on.

I told all of you to pace yourself Friday night, good job listening........ at least only one of you puked.
Hey... the puker wasn't me... Jesus, I haven't puked in a lotta years.

Quote:
Dropping the meatballs = EPIC FAIL!
yeah, that was a huge fail. The 98 pounds of grease soaked meat that we ate between everything else was an epic WIN though.

Quote:
Most beers on tap at the beer garden
SSBC bishes!
10 including one on the beer engine

Be there or be square in 2010
All in all it was a tremendous weekend... SSBC representin'

Quote:

Old 09-17-2009, 09:15 PM   #26
paulthenurse
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Location: Down by the rivah, Down by the banks of the Rivah Chahles.
Liked 291 Times on 242 Posts
Likes Given: 47

In the intrest of complete disclosure I feel it's important to note that I was nowhere near this event.

I also was noticing how often CB gets blamed for failures. I find that very interesting. He genearally deflects blame by pointing the finger at someone else and copping to a lesser charge. Very interesting.

PTN

Old 09-17-2009, 10:01 PM   #27
babalu87
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Brewing View Post
That's crap... I rallied like a champ to get that breakfast made and it was top notch stuff and I was so hurtin' I couldn't even freakin' eat it! And our second place finish had ZERO to do with me... maybe if a certain brewer had brought more than a gallon of the stuff we wouldn't have run out half way through the day... and that was after we were supposedly late!!
Were late, no big deal.
Next year I'll go around and get a calcutta going and we'll have at least two beer engines

Other clubs had stamps in their cups when we were setting up (we meaning me, Frank and SG) so we were behind from the start.

Running out had nothing to do with it, half the girls that put stamps in our cup were telling me "this is for that Golden Ale"

All in all a GREAT TIME, next year Frank and I will have our breakfast on the road (IE delivered)

Old 09-17-2009, 11:32 PM   #28
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...

Recipes 

Welp... if that was the case, maybe you shouldn't have made me drink so much Friday night. I kept telling guys, "Hey, we have a long day tomorrow. We want to put our best foot forward and make the club proud!" ... and you kept saying, "Eff the club!! Open that bottle of Westy Twelve!! DO IT!!! And open some barleywine!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!!! Let's do funnels of RIS!!!"

I distinctly remember that.

I was like, "wow, we came all the way up here to build a great reputation for our club and all you want to do is drink??"

and you were like, "MORE ALCOHOL!!!! NOW!!!!"

I just didn't want you to drink alone so I had a couple as well.

That's how I remember it.

Quote:

Old 09-17-2009, 11:42 PM   #29
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...

Recipes 

Quote:
In the intrest of complete disclosure I feel it's important to note that I was nowhere near this event.

I also was noticing how often CB gets blamed for failures. I find that very interesting. He genearally deflects blame by pointing the finger at someone else and copping to a lesser charge. Very interesting.

PTN
Know what is even more interesting? Trying to figure out where you buy your 54 in waist and 15 inch leg pants.... Are those bad boys specially made?? Is there an oompa loompa store somewhere that normal people don't know about? Do you buy "normal" pants and take 'em to a tailor? What's a pair of pants like that even COST? I guess you could just buy really big pairs of shorts and have the legs tapered in or something. How... the... F... do you do it???

Quote:

Old 09-18-2009, 11:00 AM   #30
babalu87
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Brewing View Post
Welp... if that was the case, maybe you shouldn't have made me drink so much Friday night. I kept telling guys, "Hey, we have a long day tomorrow. We want to put our best foot forward and make the club proud!" ... and you kept saying, "Eff the club!! Open that bottle of Westy Twelve!! DO IT!!! And open some barleywine!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!!! Let's do funnels of RIS!!!"

I distinctly remember that.

I was like, "wow, we came all the way up here to build a great reputation for our club and all you want to do is drink??"

and you were like, "MORE ALCOHOL!!!! NOW!!!!"

I just didn't want you to drink alone so I had a couple as well.

That's how I remember it.

Dude, you have issues.
We're all adults. Besides, the Westy was opened pretty early in the evening. I didnt even realize we had a #1 Allagash Triple until I got home and soaked the labels off the bottles

Seriously, at three clams an entry we (club peeps) need to enter more beers next year.

Quick Reply