Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > Vermont HomeBrew Forum > Vermont Brewers Festival July 17 & 18, 2009

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2009, 06:04 PM   #11
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 405 Times on 330 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Yeah I know I missed it... a couple guys from my HBC go every year. I was just saying in general I've thought about going up.

I've been to beer fests so I agree with the strategies.. I had just heard that the event has a bit of a reputation for being absolutely packed. One of the guys in my HBC knows several of the brewers up there really well and gets a lot of behind-the-table opportunities to sit and talk with the brewers. He's been going up there since the thing started. He was saying last year was terrible because they sold about twice as many tickets as the place could realistically hold.

I was just curious of that was the case again this year or if it was managed better... and if it was, maybe I'll head up next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulthenurse View Post
I'm pretty much a douche in real life, too.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2009, 10:06 PM   #12
Hotspur
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I feel like this year was better in terms of number of people, there were more breweries, food and vendors. Though, the promise of rain may have kept a few people away but it still seemed full without feeling like sardines. Part of that may be going to the afternoon session, but I think I like that better because a) it was warmer, and b) you can walk up to Church St and get a normal dinner, not just late night fare.

They also did a DD promotion this year, which I don't remember from prior years.

Old 07-22-2009, 01:31 AM   #13
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 405 Times on 330 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Cool, thanks... maybe I'll check it out next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulthenurse View Post
I'm pretty much a douche in real life, too.

Quick Reply