Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > Vermont HomeBrew Forum > New England Brew Session & yankee enginuity

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2006, 09:42 PM   #11
2nd Street Brewery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I'll have to check on my availability but I would love to come up. My only problem is my truck's tranny is running rough and may not be up to the trip. I can use the wifes car but I would deffinately be cramped in what I want to bring. I doubt I would have my all grain stuff finished by then(but might give me incentive to hustle my butt) I have two burners w/ tanks I could bring plus a chiller w/prechiller. My keggle didn't get cut last weekend(my wife's aunt died and we had the wake and funeral) so I am cutting it off myself. Time to get out the maps

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, then to speak and remove all doubt.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2006, 09:52 PM   #12
chillHayze

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

hmmm, and I can't really haul much in my car 2-4 people and about 6 cubic feet of trunk space. unless i buy a mazdaspeed3 by then. then plenty of room.

Old 11-07-2006, 10:02 PM   #13
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 386 Times on 319 Posts
Likes Given: 105

Hmm....

Chill, what's your gear load look like?

We'll figure this out. The only thing I'm really worried about is trying to bring home all the gear, plus three full carboys/buckets. I'll try and see how everything might fit together tonight. Wish I had a trailer....

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

That'll do, Pigley. That'll do.

Old 11-07-2006, 10:10 PM   #14
chillHayze

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Biggest thing is the MLT (5-gal bug-juice cooler). Ingredients will fit in that. The other stuff I dont know if we will even need. I posted above but here it is:
I can bring my 5 gal MLT, ingredients, beer, propane, immersion chiller (setup for faucet, not hose) a 3 gal pot, fermenting and cleaning stuff, more beer....

Maybe we could just chip in on a propane tank locally, and use that for the day, leaving it with gibbiby.

The brewery tour sounds nice, but with 4 batches and the driving, i dont think we can fit it in, unless we go when we're all mashing. That would be cool... unless someone's doing a decoction!

Old 11-07-2006, 10:15 PM   #15
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 386 Times on 319 Posts
Likes Given: 105

What about for fermenting? Bucket or carboy?

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

That'll do, Pigley. That'll do.

Old 11-07-2006, 10:17 PM   #16
2nd Street Brewery

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Well, like I said don't know if I'll be doing all grain by then,if I am am it might well be the first time. If the truck is rolling I have alot of room, Chevy S10 with a cap. If I can go(and I'm working hard at convincing myself it's doable ) I can fit alot. Only 2 people unless someone rides in the jump seat behind the bench seat. I'll let bird work on convincing me to go when I see him this weekend.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, then to speak and remove all doubt.

Old 11-07-2006, 10:20 PM   #17
chillHayze

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird
What about for fermenting? Bucket or carboy?
6gal BB. Prolly the obligitory sanitizing bucket too.

Old 11-07-2006, 10:35 PM   #18
Fiery Sword

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

just to chime in - i'd be driving out in a chevy s10 also - we might be able to figure something out by which i at least can shadow the Bird's crew home w/ fermenters, OR I could always meet up with yawl earlier and cart all this stuff in the bed. might be a crazy bit of driving, but it could work if planned correctly.

Since this seems to be the kind of thing that is going to directly affect (effect, BAH?!?!) other's plans let me confirm tomorrow if I can make it. I can know by Thursday for sure.

Old 11-08-2006, 01:14 AM   #19
Vermicous

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I would desparately like to meet other homebrewers. The only person that I have spoken with besides this forum is my LHBS guy. Knows his stuff, but is very opinionated. If it ain't his way to do things, than it's the wrong way, which he will then explain in the most denigrating manner possible.

However, I have a hard enough time with the SWMBO putting up with me brewing for six hours at home. She won't like me doing the same and throwing a five hour round trip as well.

Time to do a lot of kissing up, maybe I can have my balls for the weekend.

Old 11-08-2006, 01:31 AM   #20
chillHayze

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermicous
I would desparately like to meet other homebrewers. The only person that I have spoken with besides this forum is my LHBS guy. Knows his stuff, but is very opinionated. If it ain't his way to do things, than it's the wrong way, which he will then explain in the most denigrating manner possible.

However, I have a hard enough time with the SWMBO putting up with me brewing for six hours at home. She won't like me doing the same and throwing a five hour round trip as well.

Time to do a lot of kissing up, maybe I can have my balls for the weekend.
What's the difference between leaving to brew and hitting the links all day? Then you have 100 bucks in greens fees, 20 bucks in skins (if you suck like me) and another 20 bucks at the 19th hole. bah. come brew with up for about 30 bucks and you'll get 2 cases of beer out of it.

She should be happy! You're doing her the favor! never forget that, and make sure neither does she.

Quick Reply