Staten Island Homebrewers Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they have to put my beer in a bowl and call it soup, so be it, i'm havin the soup.

Thank you. You made me spit beer all over myself with this comment lol.

I'll do whatever. I planned on getting there a little before 5. I can start ordering stuff just to reserve a table. But like I said, I can make the call too.

Ill order food too so let do a table it will be easier it will be a good place for us to start hashing out some plans, once we have a good if you want to call it a mission statement for what we are looking for in a club we can ask to use a private room if we chose to have meeting there.

As of right now this is the list of the guys that will me meeting up at Killmeyer's Monday,20,2012 around 5:00-6:00PM. If i missed someone on the list sorry just quote this post add you name. If some one cant make it just post it on the thread so we know who's going to be there.
Airborneguy/Sonny
Thedude00/Robert
mikeysab/Mikey
Bubba/Mike
SeanGC/Sean
DrPhilGood/Phil
CaptKiRkLeS/Kirk

I can bet everyone knows where Killmeyer's is but just in case here is the info
4256 Arthur Kill Road Staten Island, NY 10309
(718) 984-1202

How late will people be sticking around? I can possibly make it around 6:30ish...

I think we still be there i know couple of the guys are not getting there till 6:00 ill be there around 5:30 so i can bet were be hanging around for an hour or two if you can come a 6:30 come on down

Updated list.................

Airborneguy/Sonny
Thedude00/Robert
mikeysab/Mikey
Bubba/Mike
SeanGC/Sean
DrPhilGood/Phil
CaptKiRkLeS/Kirk
sublimnl/Elliott

Anyone looking to go to the Craft Beer Fest who hasn't purchased a ticket yet? My friend just backed out on me and his ticket is already bought. It's for the early session. I'll sell it for $45, it was $52.

Anyone looking to go to the Craft Beer Fest who hasn't purchased a ticket yet? My friend just backed out on me and his ticket is already bought. It's for the early session. I'll sell it for $45, it was $52.

I am interested - I missed the early bird price because I couldn't get people to agree on which session they wanted to attend.

Awsome! I'll have it with me. I'm planning on PT'ing so I can drink all I want. I'll probably take the train and the ferry. Mike, what was your idea?

EDIT: talking about the fest, not monday

Probably express bus. The guy i'll be with might wanna drive, but I doubt it. We could meet,up and go together. If we take the ferry, we can drink more

"At first glance, you would have no idea it has the selection that it does, even when you first walk in. However, when you find the beer wall, all seems right."

That's off of beer advocate regarding Charmar. With an average of about 3.8/5

I'm falling behind in this thread! I can make it monday but theres a strong chance I have to go into work at midnight so I can't really "drink". But it'll still be fun. Please no tanning beds, I burn easily...

Updated list for Monday

DrPhilGood/Phil
Airborneguy/Sonny
Thedude00/Robert
mikeysab/Mikey
Bubba/Mike
SeanGC/Sean
DrPhilGood/Phil
CaptKiRkLeS/Kirk
sublimnl/Elliott

Cool, dude. If I need to take a third, i'll do so. I really like those bottles, I just don't need six. I'll do 3, so if anyone wants one or two, i'll order them up. We might get beat over the head with shipping. I'll see if I can get a number on shipping to see if its really worth it

I'll take the last one or two (depending if you want 3 or not) if shipping isn't insane - don't have any swing tops yet

Sorry man, I have too many bottles as is. Not to mention I'm going to need to start saving wine bottles for my meads.

If you need wine bottles I can definitely hook you up - we go through at least 30ish a week at work, so if you want me to save a few let me know - just need to know if there's a difference in the bottle types that are OK since I really don't know much about that...

If you need wine bottles I can definitely hook you up - we go through at least 30ish a week at work, so if you want me to save a few let me know - just need to know if there's a difference in the bottle types that are OK since I really don't know much about that...

I got a mead in my fermention chamber as we speak. I been saving but in a month or so ill need some wine bottles if your offer is open to everyone ill take a couple

I got a mead in my fermention chamber as we speak. I been saving but in a month or so ill need some wine bottles if your offer is open to everyone ill take a couple

Yep open to all - I'll snag a few tomorrow night and just stock a couple up already and if you guys need more, feel free to ask!

ahh, 22 bucks for shipping, so the total is 82 bucks. Roughtly 27 dollars each for 2. I don't mind, but that's a lot. Lemme know what you guys think

Back