The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > New York HomeBrew Forum > Staten Island Homebrewers Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2012, 09:45 PM   #11
thedude00
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

My name is Robert been brewing for 4 years with a year or so break when i moved back to SI from LV.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2012, 09:51 PM   #12
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 835 Times on 619 Posts
Likes Given: 1103

Take a look at what Sean put together. He had the same idea as you for a forum and website. Personally, I think we could use this forum effectively, especially if Tx sets up the state forums.

One thing about dues: I'd be hesitant to collect dues until we know this thing is gonna work out and last. Especially considering there's gonna be some people who have dealt with prior clubs who might not be as optimistic.

Old 02-13-2012, 09:57 PM   #13
SeanGC
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Thedude00, you're a yr older than me. Where'd you go to highschool? I'm assuming you've been a Staten Islander for your entire life so it's a possibility we know eachother.

It is exciting to see a thread started today gaining so much momentum.

For starters, I want to show you guys something I've developed, with the help of Phil. The name of the group we were interested in starting is called "Pour Standards." We managed to secure the web address roughly a month ago (http://www.pourstandards.com), and I began developing a website for it. In addition to the website, we installed forum boards that we could begin using once we're all ready. The logo was designed by myself.

thedude00 has some pretty great suggestions. What is everyone's schedule for the end of February, beginning of March? I'm free pretty much everyday after 5pm, and available all day on Sat and Sun. Let's meet up soon and get this ball rolling.

Old 02-13-2012, 09:59 PM   #14
thedude00
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Take a look at what Sean put together. He had the same idea as you for a forum and website. Personally, I think we could use this forum effectively, especially if Tx sets up the state forums.

One thing about dues: I'd be hesitant to collect dues until we know this thing is gonna work out and last. Especially considering there's gonna be some people who have dealt with prior clubs who might not be as optimistic.
everything just ideas. Dues is the last think i am worry about. I want to set up a club that people know that is going to be there, a club where we share the love of the hobby. Would like to see some thing a little more set up then just a group of guys getting together once in a while shooting **** about beer. There was a great club in vegas meeting,website,event and so on. Every meeting or newsletter or event you learned something and had a great time doing it. Want to see something like that out here

Old 02-13-2012, 10:10 PM   #15
thedude00
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanGC View Post
Thedude00, you're a yr older than me. Where'd you go to highschool? I'm assuming you've been a Staten Islander for your entire life so it's a possibility we know eachother.

It is exciting to see a thread started today gaining so much momentum.

For starters, I want to show you guys something I've developed, with the help of Phil. The name of the group we were interested in starting is called "Pour Standards." We managed to secure the web address roughly a month ago (http://www.pourstandards.com), and I began developing a website for it. In addition to the website, we installed forum boards that we could begin using once we're all ready. The logo was designed by myself.

thedude00 has some pretty great suggestions. What is everyone's schedule for the end of February, beginning of March? I'm free pretty much everyday after 5pm, and available all day on Sat and Sun. Let's meet up soon and get this ball rolling.
Sean i was born on Staten island lived in dogan hills for 16 years went to PS52 and IS2 then moved to Las Vegas for high schools years some of collage then move back to the island. What schools did you go to.

The site you have set up looks great love the logo like i said in my last post think a club forum is a great idea you on the same page as me

Everything i posted was just some ideas, some stuff i would like to see in a club i think with some work and time we could have a great club on SI may not be easy but i am willing to put the time in. Any time after 5pm works for me M-F. S-S anytime just let me know

Loving see this idea gaining so much momentum.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:17 PM   #16
Bubba
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 5

My name is Mike been brewing for 5 years and would be interested in a HBC on Staten Island...... meeting at Kilmeyers would work for me I work right on Sharotts Rd.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:17 PM   #17
thedude00
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

One more thing like to add if everyone has a web cam and has a google account they have something call hang outs that a big group of people can get together on maybe if we all cant get together in person in the next couple weeks we could use this to get the ball rolling

Old 02-13-2012, 10:18 PM   #18
thedude00
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
My name is Mike been brewing for 5 years and would be interested in a HBC on Staten Island...... meeting at Kilmeyers would work for me I work right on Sharotts Rd.
Nice to meet you mike.....

Old 02-13-2012, 10:20 PM   #19
DrPhilGood
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I work for dsny so my schedule is pretty hectic. I have off mon feb20th, sun feb 26th, and weds 29th for this month

Old 02-13-2012, 10:25 PM   #20
SeanGC
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Presidents day is next week, and I know a lot of offices are closed. Short notice but to grab a few drinks and bang out some of these details might not be a bad idea.

Mikey and Sonny, what are your thoughts?

Quick Reply