Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > New York HomeBrew Forum > Roosterfish brewing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2008, 06:00 PM   #1
allied35
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Roosterfish brewing

If anyone is ever in the Watkins Glen NY area Roosterfish brewing has the best nut brown i have ever tasted. everything is brewed right in the dining room -AWESOME- good eats, great beer! try it.

BUSTED KNUCKLE BREWING

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2008, 06:49 AM   #2
svudah
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I remember taking shelter at the Roosterfish while waiting for our launch time at a cardboard regatta. Air conditioning and cold hefeweizens really revived us all after a long morning of drinking keystone in the sun.

FYI, our cardboard boat fit 40 people, made it through the first stretch, could not turn and sank. Alcohol is no longer permitted at the event.

Old 03-27-2010, 06:59 PM   #3
naughtyco
Recipes 

I really do believe they have the best nut brown on the East Coast of America. Its like nothing I've ever drank and I can't compare it to anything else! Its a slice of craft beer heaven.

I told a employee at Beers of the World that and he completely agreed with me.

Shattered Lake IPA...Torgo's Hazelnut Brown...Midwest's Autumn Amber...AHS MacTarnahan's Amber Ale Clone...Charlie P's The Sun Has Left Us On Time Steam Beer...

Prepping for the move to AG

Old 03-27-2010, 07:03 PM   #4
annasdadhockey
Recipes 

Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 36

I was just at Roosterfish last weekend, and I agree that they do make some very good beers. The hop warrior IIPA is relly good, though only 8%, compared to their regular IPA at 7.4%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc View Post
Things are going great too. I think I've only punched her in the face 3 times!
FERMENTING: Heady Topper Clone?
CONDITIONING: 40 gallons KBS clone in a Jim Beam Barrel (since 11/24/12)
DRINKING: Smoked Robust Porter, Orange Coriander Pale Ale #5
THINKING: first foray into lagers?

Old 04-05-2010, 01:13 AM   #5
BrewsCampbell
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I just bought a bottle of their Hop Warrior and it was the absolute worst thing I've ever taken a swig of.

It was so bad I immediately hopped online and read reviews. Apparently I have a bad bottle (more like a terrible bottle) because it's nothing like anything I've read.

Tasted infected, very sour. So sad because it was a new IIPA at my local grocery store. I will search out their nut brown, maybe make a day trip over to Watkins Glen.

First craft brew I've ever poured out...

Quick Reply