Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > New York HomeBrew Forum > New NY brewing law being pushed

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2012, 02:11 AM   #41
porcupine73
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 47 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 513

Um so you're a month late calling out the spammer, who happens to be linking to a .gov site? hehe ok no problem. Yes it's funny, something like this law tries to get passed every couple years here in the People's Republic of New York. The grocery stores always like it, because it means they can sell wine in addition to beer. Ok hm I think that one already passed. Funny thing is I have yet to see beer for sale in liquor stores around here. Well whatever it is, don't worry, whoever stands to make the most money and has bought the most politicians will win in the end. OR, if California happened to pass a similar law recently, well heck, that's a shoe in in NY.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2012, 02:14 AM   #42
iaefebs
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 242 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 605

Quote:
Originally Posted by porcupine73 View Post
Um so you're a month late calling out the spammer, who happens to be linking to a .gov site? hehe ok no problem. Yes it's funny, something like this law tries to get passed every couple years here in the People's Republic of New York. The grocery stores always like it, because it means they can sell wine in addition to beer. Ok hm I think that one already passed. Funny thing is I have yet to see beer for sale in liquor stores around here. Well whatever it is, don't worry, whoever stands to make the most money and has bought the most politicians will win in the end.
It was a today post.I didn't want to quote it and notified the mods. The post was removed. So it only looks like I was a month late.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:24 AM   #43
porcupine73
Recipes 

Liked 47 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 513

Ohhhh ok got it now, phew I like to jump to conclusions. Though I do stand by the rest of my post! (Except if the PR of NY calls me to court to question it, in which case I have no idea what they're talking about, and, hm, it's probably, like identity theft, or something like that).

Old 10-22-2012, 02:07 PM   #44
jdowling
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaefebs

It was a today post.I didn't want to quote it and notified the mods. The post was removed. So it only looks like I was a month late.
Ah I saw your post and wasn't sure how I came across as a spammer. It all makes sense now :-P.

I was idly trying to figure out what it would take to get one of these licenses and figured I'd post that it looks like it passed.

I'd be curious to know what they found out if anyone has actually looked into it in more detail. I read that it will lower the tax burden on small breweries by quite a lot.

Old 01-15-2013, 04:09 AM   #45
Vernacular
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Hey check this out! It seems there is going to be a malthouse in Batavia, New York.

http://thedailynewsonline.com/news/a...9bb2963f4.html

Old 01-17-2013, 12:39 AM   #46
+HopSpunge+
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 65 Times on 52 Posts

Sweet. It sounds like in the article, that he is alredy making the malt. I wounder if it could be bought somewere.

Quick Reply