Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > New York HomeBrew Forum > Homebrew Meet up in Rockaway Beach NYC

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2013, 05:58 PM   #1
Uncle22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 2 Posts

Default Homebrew Meet up in Rockaway Beach NYC

Hey Gang!

Some friends and I are going to try to put together a Homebrew Fest of some sort on Saturday October 19 it Rockaway Beech, Queens, NYC. IWe figure there will be an Octoberfest theme going on, but many of the details have yet to be worked out. We mostly need to get the word out and generate some interest, so I will try to give all of the details I have as of now.
The event will be at the Surf Club on Beach 87th st and Rockaway Freeway. Its a great space and they are trying to host all sorts of fun stuff. No cover, and besides any

Homebrewers who bring their beer to share and sample, the space has a full bar. There is usually a decent food truck parked outside.

Anyone who wants to bring some Homebrew to share just needs to contact me and we can set up a table. We would like some sort of display of your Homebrew set up, pictures on a poster board or maybe a small photo album. This is just so we can see and you can show off your gear.

Hopefully we can get a few folks over there so it more than just me and my neighbor drinking each others Beer! Neither of us will have any proper Octoberfest Beer, but something tasty no doubt.

This is the first time any of us have hosted anything like this. If anyone has a suggestion for us, please let me know..

More details and a flyer to follow!

Happy Brewing,

Colin

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2013, 03:58 AM   #2
Uncle22
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 2 Posts

image-468742602.jpg

Here we go. Looking for some local Homebrewers to add to the fun.

We have some great door prizes to give away from our generous sponsors.

Old 10-15-2013, 02:38 PM   #3
Uncle22
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 2 Posts

This is coming up in 4 Days! We have a father and son brew team bringing some of their beer as well as my partner in crime and Our offerings. Lots of good Homebrew specific giveaways to raffle off, or Give Away.

Tim Otto will be playing some excellent Jazz to keep the day rolling. Seems like it will be good cool fall weather!

Hope to see some friendly faces.

Old 12-19-2013, 02:24 AM   #4
CleverName
Recipes 

Likes Given: 11

How'd this event turn out? I live in Long Beach, have family in the Rockaways. Would love to stop by if you guys do this again.

Quick Reply