Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > New York HomeBrew Forum > Heading to Syracuse soon, any brewpubs to recommend?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2012, 03:00 PM   #11
bierhaus15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 71 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Where are these other BBQ places you speak of? I've been getting pretty tired of just getting bbq at dinosaur.

Also, OP, I don't know what type of beers you like, though on fridays/weekends at the tusk you can usually find Middle Ages beer on cask. Also, if you like big IPA's, Ithaca Flower Power is a great beer and usually on tap. One of the best IMO.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2012, 03:02 PM   #12
BargainMugs
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Limp Lizard?

Old 02-21-2012, 08:16 PM   #13
FatMonsters
Recipes 

It was mentioned in earlier posts, but J Ryan's has a great selection. Not as crowded nor as pricey. Everyday they have different $2 or $2.50 specials of drafts.

Old 02-22-2012, 02:11 AM   #14
nvr2low
Recipes 

Likes Given: 4

Limp Lizard BBQ, there are 3 locations, one in north Syracuse on Rt 11 that only has a couple tables, mostly take out and catering. one in Liverpool right across from M&T bank on 1st st and the original in in Syracuse on Onondaga blvd. I havent been to the original, the liverpool location is about 2 miles from my house and I feel like there is no reason to go to the one in the city. great atmosphere, about 20 taps with mostly craft brew, and great food!

Old 02-23-2012, 12:44 AM   #15
cobrawolverine
Recipes 

Will be spending most of my time in Liverpool, so seems like Limp Lizard is on the list for sure. Thanks for the info.

bierhaus, I enjoy all types of beer, and the tusk is a place I would definitely frequent. Thanks for the tip.

Old 02-23-2012, 02:11 AM   #16
nvr2low
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrawolverine View Post
Will be spending most of my time in Liverpool, so seems like Limp Lizard is on the list for sure. Thanks for the info.

bierhaus, I enjoy all types of beer, and the tusk is a place I would definitely frequent. Thanks for the tip.
if you are going to be in Liverpool the Coblestone has an ok beer selection, nothing amazing but they have a handful of craft brews and free peanuts! also, if you need a good burger Village Burger on old liverpool road is the place to go! need any other recommendations let me know.

Old 02-24-2012, 12:38 PM   #17
Taypo
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

We hit up Empire and Blue Tusk when we were there over the summer - had a blast! We went on a weekday afternoon, so it wasnt crowded at all. Had a nice talk with the owner of the Tusk, walked up the street and had Dino for dinner (food was meh), hit Empire for some really good craft brews and ended up back at the Tusk. Highly recommend both places...

Primary: Innkeeper
Secondary: Dawson's Kriek, Wee Heavy
Bottled: Spiced Holiday Ale,
Drinking: Moose Drool Clone, Irish Red, Oaked Whiskey Vanilla Porter, Milk Stout, NB Innkeeper Kit (West Yorkshire), NB Mild Ale (West Yorkshire), American Wheat
Planning: Irish Red, Patersbier,

Old 02-25-2012, 03:53 AM   #18
cobrawolverine
Recipes 

nvr2low, already got the advance on Village Burger. My sister lives in Liverpool and she said I can't leave without eating a Spitfire burger there. Into hot foods and she says this will do it.
Thanks for the tips everybody. What was going to be a fun family gathering, will now be tons of fun for me with all these recommended places to visit!

If you are ever in St Louis, just holla.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:23 PM   #19
nvr2low
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrawolverine View Post
nvr2low, already got the advance on Village Burger. My sister lives in Liverpool and she said I can't leave without eating a Spitfire burger there. Into hot foods and she says this will do it.
Thanks for the tips everybody. What was going to be a fun family gathering, will now be tons of fun for me with all these recommended places to visit!

If you are ever in St Louis, just holla.
yes, the hot food challenge they have is nuts, my friend tried a 1/4lb burger doused in the sauce, he hurt for 2 days......

Quick Reply