Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > New York HomeBrew Forum > Flying out to New York tomorrow

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2007, 11:25 PM   #1
LoneOakDesign
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Default Flying out to New York tomorrow

So i'm heading to new york tomorrow for a friends wedding. I've never been and will be there through the weekend. Any cool pubs or micro breweries I should go to? I'll be staying north of New York city in White Plains. I would appreciate any feedback. thanks guys!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2007, 02:13 AM   #2
DaveGerard
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Brooklyn Brewery does weekend tours (can't remember if it's saturday or sunday). It's really just one big room, but the talk is ok and $20 gets you like 7 tokens. The tokens are redeemable for... beer. I went for a friend's birthday, thought it would be lame, but it was actually a ton of fun. Depending on how mobile you are, there's the Astoria beer garden in Astoria Queens. Pretty much an authentic beer garden, and some of the best kielbasa I've ever had. Moonshine in Brooklyn has the largest selection of "redneck" beers ever, plus really good prices, and if you catch it on the right day they host "bulldog nite" where everyone brings their bulldogs and the bar is ****in chaos.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply