The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > New York HomeBrew Forum > Clark's in Syracuse

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2012, 07:26 PM   #1
nyer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default Clark's in Syracuse

Do any of you guys in Syracuse have any idea what is going on with Clark's Alehouse. My friends in the city told me that they were supposed to open back up next to Al's in Armory Square and it did look like something was going on in the building. There is still no news though and I can't find anything online about them. I really miss the place.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2012, 01:33 PM   #2
BargainMugs
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 8

I've only heard a couple rumors. I know they were supposed to open a new place downtown, but according to a couple sources they will only be serving their famous sandwiches. Maybe they're just waiting for their new liquor license.

One person told me that they were going to sell just gourmet popcorn.

Edit: After some research it looks like the building that was going to be the new Clark's is now a gourmet popcorn shop, but they still might move the bar into the location and relocate the popcorn shop.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:38 PM   #3
homebrewhaha
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 24

There is indeed a popcorn shop next to al's that opened up a couple months back it seems. It's been a long time since I've heard anything on Clarks and even when there was talk it seemed like it was all speculation....

Old 06-07-2012, 03:11 PM   #4
nyer
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BargainMugs View Post
I've only heard a couple rumors. I know they were supposed to open a new place downtown, but according to a couple sources they will only be serving their famous sandwiches. Maybe they're just waiting for their new liquor license.

One person told me that they were going to sell just gourmet popcorn.

Edit: After some research it looks like the building that was going to be the new Clark's is now a gourmet popcorn shop, but they still might move the bar into the location and relocate the popcorn shop.
This is the only info I could find. I'm going to Al's and Middle Age's this weekend I'm going to ask them if they know anything.

Old 06-12-2012, 05:53 PM   #5
nyer
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I find out that Clarks is probably never opening again in Syracuse. I was told that the city gave the owner such a run around on the new building next to Al's that he said "if" he ever reopened it would not be in Syracuse. I was also told that the owner is not even in the area anymore. Sad....

Quick Reply