Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > New York HomeBrew Forum > Brewery Ommegang B&B package

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2011, 12:03 AM   #1
Beerweasel
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Brewery Ommegang B&B package

If you want to take a great weekend getaway, this is it. A weekend at The Inn at Cooperstown in NY with a tour and 5 course food and beer pairing at Brewery Ommegang. Friday night at 8 pm we met up in a cozy fire lit room with a bunch of other homebrewers and other beer enthusiasts at the inn. Everyone brought their homebrew or just beer they enjoy to share with all in attendance. Great evening, the inn keeper himself is a homebrewer as well and furnished a good portion of beer for all to enjoy. Saturday, after a great day of taking in rustic Cooperstown, we boarded a trolly which shuttled all to the brewery where after a tour of the brewery we then enjoyed what seemed to be an endless tasting of all their beers including the soon to be released Seduction. Then came dinner, a 5 course pairing with some delicious food in the brewery's restaurant. Bottles of beer just kept showing up on the table, so much that even the trolly ride back to the inn seemed like the brewery on wheels. Both nights we met with and drank well with brewers from Ommegang. They're a terrific group of guys and I would definitely do this again. On top of all this, included in the package, one Jeroboam bottle of abbey ale(over 3 quarts of beer!) two t-shirts, two ommegang glasses, and discount coupons for restaurants in town. Worth every cent!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2011, 08:52 PM   #2
Willum
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I was at this too. It was really fun and worth every penny.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:59 PM   #3
ReverseApacheMaster
Recipes 

Liked 229 Times on 192 Posts

Sounds awesome.

Old 12-07-2011, 02:09 PM   #4
JonM
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 768 Times on 542 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Sounds like a fun weekend! This reminded me of an article I read a while back on some similar deals:

http://travel.nytimes.com/2010/02/28...pagewanted=all

Quick Reply