Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > New York HomeBrew Forum > Albany Area Brewers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2013, 02:23 PM   #81
renegade
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 6

the beverage Center on Western ave near crossgates fills co2 for $2 a lb. I haven't been there yet to fill mine, but they have Saturday hours, which is very helpful for me.

Three Track Mtn Ales
Cobleskill, NY

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2013, 02:35 PM   #82
brew_ny
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 174 Times on 133 Posts
Likes Given: 572

Good to know if you need gas on a Saturday they have a place on Colvin ave in Albany also Olivers

S_M

Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations.

Old 09-26-2013, 02:55 PM   #83
AJBrewerySupply
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Filling a second bulk order. Fill your Fall supplies now. Save on any shipping cost. Small or large item can be put with order. We had a successful one two weeks ago and now ready for next one. Call or contact us for pricing and let us know your needs that we can help with.

Old 09-26-2013, 03:01 PM   #84
AJBrewerySupply
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Also, question for all you wine makers. Had someone ask me about if his wine is still good. It has been sitting in bucket for almost a year. It was racked and it been sitting after the rack for that long and not sure if it will still be good. This is new to me in wine making so looking for answers for him. Thanks

Old 10-03-2013, 04:38 PM   #85
ScottRMitch
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I'm in Mechanicville but I work in Albany. Have been attending the Albany Brew Crafters meetings for the last year and a half. We meet the second Wednesday of every month, next meeting is this coming Wednesday.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:00 PM   #86
grathan
Recipes 

Liked 90 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Hey, I brewed my first batch ever in Mechanicville. Small world.

Old 10-11-2013, 01:27 PM   #87
grathan
Recipes 

Liked 90 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Another microbrewery in the works for Glens Falls!

http://poststar.com/news/local/micro...a4bcf887a.html

Old 10-17-2013, 05:21 PM   #88
sean518
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Holy cow! I stopped by PraxAir this morning with my empty, out of date 20lb co2 tank with a rubber bottom that no one else would even hydro test plus an empty 10lb tank. They didn't have any 10lb tanks to exchange, so they gave me two tested full 20lb tanks. Total bill: $25.92. $10 per tank, a $4 hazmat charge, and tax. Amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brew_ny View Post
for all you folks around Albany I wanted to say if you need co2 over on railroad ave off of fuller road going towards BJ wholesale

on the left is PraxAir, I had a 20 pound steel tank that was out of date and needed to be tested

stopped at one place and was told because it was an old beverage tank with a plastic piece on the bottom that it could not be tested so it had to be replaced

another said for 25 dollars for the test and 25 dollars for the co2 they would exchange it but did not fill and had no tanks to exchange so it would be a day or two

last Friday stopped at PraxAir with my tank, I thought they opened at 7 but it was 7:30 I got there a little after 7

I was ready to leave when a person walk out asked me what I needed so I said a 20 pound co2 tank

took my tank and exchanged it for a tank with a fresh test date (7/13) and charged me a 20 dollar bill

easy to deal with

S_M
Old 10-18-2013, 01:58 AM   #89
brew_ny
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 174 Times on 133 Posts
Likes Given: 572

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean518 View Post
Holy cow! I stopped by PraxAir this morning with my empty, out of date 20lb co2 tank with a rubber bottom that no one else would even hydro test plus an empty 10lb tank. They didn't have any 10lb tanks to exchange, so they gave me two tested full 20lb tanks. Total bill: $25.92. $10 per tank, a $4 hazmat charge, and tax. Amazing.
that is why I had to share the love about these folks

S_M

Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:10 PM   #90
LitK8ie
Recipes 

If anyone is looking for hops, we had a successful first year and have Vojvodina, Chinook, Tettananger and Glacier hops for sale. They are all natural, hand picked, ambient temp dried, vacuum sealed and frozen in 2oz packages. We are located in Greenwich. We have slowed down our home brewing because we have been so busy with work and don't want to let the hops expire... If interested please message me. Thank you!

Quick Reply