*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > New York HomeBrew Forum > Albany Area Brewers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2013, 11:28 AM   #21
brew_ny
Social_Misfit
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 217 Times on 165 Posts
Likes Given: 718

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerBeer View Post
!

I found out a little more about the LHBS in Johnstown. It's called AJ's Brewery Supplies located at 25 West Main Street. Hours are 11:00-6:00 M-F and Saturdays by appointment only.
found a phone #518-736-1852 I will give him a call and let you all know I was going to drive to Saratoga and pick up three sack of grain

but Johnstown would be much closer

all the best

S_M

Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations.

"It is enough that the people know there was an election. The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything." -- Joseph Stalin

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2013, 03:47 PM   #22
steveoc
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Just talked to Aaron, the owner of AJs Brewery Supplies. He just started and opened the store next to his sportswear/embroidery business.

He said he usually opens doors by noon and sticks around until 5 or by appointment.

He encourages contact through the Facebook page. I couldn't check it out because I am the only person on the planet without a FB account.

I'll probably check it out this week.

Old 06-24-2013, 05:04 PM   #23
AJBrewerySupply
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Thanks to steveoc for introducing me to this forum. We have been open for little while now just start to grow and find out needs of home brewers. I am Aaron and Jay is my partner here. Our facebook page AJBrewerySupplies gives you some info and pics of our place. Send us a note if your looking for something and we can save you a trip. We also can get it in approximately 3 days if we don's and can let you know when its in. Let us know your needs and we will be happy to help you out. Webpage coming soon...which will help with orders as well. Also looking to run seminars or maybe just meetings with locals to talk about brewing. Your input is important.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:47 AM   #24
brew_ny
Social_Misfit
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 217 Times on 165 Posts
Likes Given: 718

Aaron I am out in Charleston and go to Johnstown from time to time are you selling 55/50 lbs bags of grain ? can you give me an idea of prices ? is the phone # good to call? I do not do facebook and have no plans to any time soon

let me know and thanks

S_M

Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations.

"It is enough that the people know there was an election. The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything." -- Joseph Stalin

Old 06-25-2013, 07:30 PM   #25
steveoc
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I stopped by to pick up a few items. He's just getting started and inventory is growing. You should probably give him a call or an email before you go.

The email address (for those not FaceBook inclined) is ajbrewerysupplies at that gmail thing.

He's a nice guy and looks forward to getting this going. He'd like to host some homebrew get-togethers.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:28 PM   #26
AJBrewerySupply
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Putting a shout out to Brian? Brian called yesterday (Wednesday) wanted me to call him back but didn't leave me a number to call. Brian leave message me your number and I will get back to you. Thanks.

Aaron

Old 06-28-2013, 06:07 AM   #27
brehuh

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Here is their FB page Aj Brewery Supply

Met Aaron and Jay today, we def should back them so they can expand and be our one stop shop

Old 06-28-2013, 05:21 PM   #28
uphillbrewer
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Hey Albany area brewers!

I am working with the Schoharie County fair to put together a "brew day" demo at the fair this summer. It looks like we are going to be doing it August 3rd (Saturday) from 12-5 or so. We are looking for fellow homebrewers to come and brew, talk about homebrewing, and just hang out and have fun. It is open to all sorts brewers of all levels and techniques (AG, PM, extract, BIAB). Mead makers are also welcome! You don't have to be local, or from Schoharie county to brew either!

In addition to the brew day, there is also a homebrew contest going at the fair this year.

If you area able to brew, send me a PM to let me know. Thanks everybody!

Jesse

Uphill Brewing
Cobleskill, NY

Old 06-28-2013, 06:24 PM   #29
renegade
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 6

uphillbrewer,

you have a PM.

-fellow cobleskill Homebrewer

Bridge Street Brewery
Cobleskill, NY

Old 07-02-2013, 12:09 AM   #30
uphillbrewer
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Bumping this thread to see if there's anymore interest.

Quick Reply