Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > Pennsylvania HomeBrew Forum > Where can a guy get a drink around here?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2012, 10:40 PM   #1
nasty_rabbit
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 95 Times on 63 Posts

Default Where can a guy get a drink around here?

July 1st I will be heading to the Pittsburgh area (Aliquippa) then to Bear Del. then to the Philly area. I don't see that I will have time for brewery tours but would like to find some local Growler shops or brew pubs. Any suggestions?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2012, 01:09 AM   #2
2BorNot
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Stewart's in Bear, DE is a pretty good brewpub. A distributor I know just told me he's going commercial. And if you catch them at the right time you can see them do there thing from in the bar/restaurant.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:42 PM   #3
Cold
Recipes 

Growlers in Pittsburgh: East End Brewing in East Liberty or House of 1000 Beers in New Kensington.

Old 07-01-2012, 09:51 PM   #4
LeverTime
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasty_rabbit View Post
July 1st I will be heading to the Pittsburgh area (Aliquippa) then to Bear Del. then to the Philly area. I don't see that I will have time for brewery tours but would like to find some local Growler shops or brew pubs. Any suggestions?
Not sure about the other places, but in downtown Philadelphia, my favorite non-brew pubs are Eulogy, Monks, and Local 44. For brew pubs I like Triumph (across the street from Eulogy) and Nodding Head. All of these have decent food, too.

If you will have a car and the time, Victory is about 45 minutes from the city. The beer at Victory is top notch, they are one of my favorite breweries. However, the food kind of sucks. They have a gift shop with bottles and such, you can also fill growlers there.

Quick Reply