Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > Pennsylvania HomeBrew Forum > Philly area Homebrewers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2014, 07:33 PM   #861
temple240
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 76 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gone_fishing View Post
Wifey and I are going to Forrest and Main in Ambler. Great place. I love their IIPA Kinch the Knifeblade when it's available. It reminds me a lot of Heady.
My fiancee and I are doing the same.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2014, 02:23 PM   #862
gone_fishing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

temple, we probably sat near each other. We were in the room to the right for 7pm reservations. Terrific dinner and beers.

Primary: None
Secondary: None
Kegerator: Pale Ale, Hop Slam Clone
Extra Keg: Kolsh
Bottled: Chimay Grande Reserve, 115th Dream Hopbursted Imperial IPA, Imperial Bourbon Barrel Stout, Smoke Bomb Imperial Chipotle Smoked Porter, West Coast Radical Red with Citra Dry Hops
Up Next: Hopbursted Wheat

Old 02-17-2014, 05:02 PM   #863
temple240
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 76 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 2

We got in at 8:30 and sat in the same room. We went to Tired Hands on Saturday and both agreed that we prefer Forest and Main.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Home Brew mobile app

Old 02-17-2014, 05:25 PM   #864
scrub0bk
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

hello philly area brewers! i'm from telford, so just north of PA and just moved here about a year ago. Only spots i've been able to find decent craft selections has been wegmans and whole foods. Should i venture down into the city to get a better selection? I'm looking to expand my variety, and am really interested in the russian river selections. I noted some spots that have them from their distro list but i seem to strike out. Is pliny the elder available anywhere at the time?

Thanks all!

Old 02-17-2014, 05:34 PM   #865
BeerMeDuffMan
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 318 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrub0bk View Post
hello philly area brewers! i'm from telford, so just north of PA and just moved here about a year ago. Only spots i've been able to find decent craft selections has been wegmans and whole foods. Should i venture down into the city to get a better selection? I'm looking to expand my variety, and am really interested in the russian river selections. I noted some spots that have them from their distro list but i seem to strike out. Is pliny the elder available anywhere at the time?

Thanks all!
I've seen the Elder only on tap (and pretty often, too), but their sour selection in the city is pretty decent.

Find me on Untappd; BeerMeDuffMan

Check out the next thing in BIF's:
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f38/big-box-yum-482657/

Old 02-17-2014, 05:35 PM   #866
jrfehon
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Welcome to the area!

Are you looking for bottle selection or draft? In Southampton (15 minute or so drive for you) there's the Beer Store. Biggest selection of bottled beer you'll find anywhere, possibly the world. It'll make your head spin! They do have Russian River.
http://www.thebeerstorebuckscounty.com/

If you go downtown and want to know what's on tap where, use Philly Tap Finder. Lots of places get Pliney the Elder and Younger on tap but you have to wait in line usually and early. Go to Monk's Café sometime, you won't regret it (but it does get crowded as people on this thread have mentioned).
http://www.phillytapfinder.com/

Old 02-17-2014, 05:39 PM   #867
BeerMeDuffMan
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 318 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 41

[QUOTE=jrfehon;5917052]Welcome to the area!

Are you looking for bottle selection or draft? In Southampton (15 minute or so drive for you) there's the Beer Store. Biggest selection of bottled beer you'll find anywhere, possibly the world. It'll make your head spin! They do have Russian River.
http://www.thebeerstorebuckscounty.com/

QUOTE]

I've seen facebook posts about this place and each time I see pictures I need to change my shorts. Really decent selection.

Find me on Untappd; BeerMeDuffMan

Check out the next thing in BIF's:
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f38/big-box-yum-482657/

Old 02-17-2014, 06:26 PM   #868
jrfehon
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

My parents live a mile from the Beer Store so I go there fairly often. It's almost too big a selection. When you walk in it's hard to focus because it's so overwhelming. And that's not counting the 12 or so taps they have for a pint in store or take away growler. If there's heaven on earth it's probably the Beer Store!

Old 02-17-2014, 10:54 PM   #869
scrub0bk
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrfehon View Post
My parents live a mile from the Beer Store so I go there fairly often. It's almost too big a selection. When you walk in it's hard to focus because it's so overwhelming. And that's not counting the 12 or so taps they have for a pint in store or take away growler. If there's heaven on earth it's probably the Beer Store!
That's awesome info I appreciate it. That's not too far frommy work so I might take a trip one day. I didn't know about the tap list site either, will have to start keeping tabs on it! Thanks again!

Old 02-17-2014, 11:15 PM   #870
jrfehon
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

No problem! You'll find that the Philly area is one of the best places for beer in the country. Another suggestion is Capones on Germantown Pike in East Norriton. They have around 40 taps and their selection is always incredible. So worth a visit and they get the Plineys from time to time.

Quick Reply