Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway - Last Weekend to Enter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > Pennsylvania HomeBrew Forum > Philly area Homebrewers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2013, 11:49 PM   #241
dfess1
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 90 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 79

The last time we brewed was for the NHC barrel brew day at the store. Ran PBW for about 3 hours today through both pumps, plate chiller, BK, et al. Didn't do a through job cleaning that day, can't imagine why.... Some really nasty $hit came out of that plate chiller! Either myself or my wife will be up at some point for some ingredients. I can do all but the Hopslam and I believe the Eisbock. Have to double check the ingredients for the eisbock, but definitly need yeast for that anyway.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 01:06 PM   #242
Coff
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 154 Times on 107 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfess1 View Post
The last time we brewed was for the NHC barrel brew day at the store. Ran PBW for about 3 hours today through both pumps, plate chiller, BK, et al. Didn't do a through job cleaning that day, can't imagine why.... Some really nasty $hit came out of that plate chiller! Either myself or my wife will be up at some point for some ingredients. I can do all but the Hopslam and I believe the Eisbock. Have to double check the ingredients for the eisbock, but definitly need yeast for that anyway.
Derek, have you used any of the ECY you picked up a few months ago at the Philly Homebrew Club meeting?

Brewing a 1/2 bbl Rye Saison today, splitting it 3 ways between 3711, 565, and ECY08. If it turns out decent I'll enter it in the Battle of the Homebrew shops competition, I wouldnt mind that barrel although I may stop by Keystone and grab one of those soon anyway.

Blog:
http://riverwards.blogspot.com/

Twitter: @ecoffy
Instagram: @ecoff

Old 01-12-2013, 01:23 PM   #243
dfess1
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Yeah, I've used the saison strain (was great) and the scottish on a strong scotch so far. Re using the scottish today or tomorrow on this barleywine. Re using a roaslere cake on the Flemish red today, in order to blend it later on this year with a batch i made in the summer. Heating up strike water on that flemish red now...

Old 01-12-2013, 07:43 PM   #244
Gitmoe
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 99 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 23

You guys with time to brew are jerks! Lol. Just a heads up, I'm also a freelance graphic designer so if anybody local is looking for label designs or club graphics I can help out. My freelancing is mostly the reason I don't have time to brew...

Old 01-12-2013, 09:27 PM   #245
dfess1
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

I only brewed one beer today, the 10 gal of Flemish Red. Should be tasty! Knocking out a brew tomorrow morning, then getting a little cycling in. I'm also in the process of finishing up a coffee table I've been working on for the last few weeks. That's mainly the reason I only got one brew in today. Just put the first coat of finish on it, hopefully will have this puppy in the house by next weekend. We'll see.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:26 PM   #246
mac21
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 11

I'm about to rack a brown porter with rum, raisins, and cinnamon. I'd def like to brew with you guys someitme!

Old 01-13-2013, 07:27 PM   #247
mac21
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 11

I'm about to rack a brown porter with rum, raisins, and cinnamon. I'd def like to brew with you guys sometime!

Old 01-13-2013, 09:31 PM   #248
dfess1
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Finishing up the cleaning on an American Barleywine. BK is on clean water rinse recirculation, and I'm enjoying a beer. What a nice weekend. Sadly I don't think I'll be brewing again until late feb/early march.

I'm always up for brew partners. Unfortunatly, it's a bit of a PITA to move my rig around.

My Stumps BBQ Clone Build

Old 01-13-2013, 11:26 PM   #249
Gitmoe
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 99 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 23

If all goes well I'll have my single tier together tomorrow...

Old 01-14-2013, 10:39 AM   #250
dfess1
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

What are you making it out of? Plans? I will be receiving a MIG welder soon (my father wanted to upgrade his, so I'm buying his old one off of him). Will be nice to be able to do what I want in wood and metal soon! Though that will mean upgrading the service to the garage....

My Stumps BBQ Clone Build

Quick Reply