Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > Pennsylvania HomeBrew Forum > Philly area Homebrewers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2012, 06:02 PM   #221
dfess1
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 87 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 77

Ha, that it does! I've just about got everything but the "bottle scotch or belgian strong" done. Going to let those two guys sit for at least another week or two. Scotch was done with some of that East Coast Yeast. Looking forward to how it comes out, then using that yeast for a barelywine to be brewed with my wife and BIL (from hawaii) while they are in town between christmas and new years.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2012, 11:49 AM   #222
Gitmoe
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 99 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfess1
I had the smoked meats!

Finally got power back this morning. Unfortunatly, I missed the Stoney Creek cut off due to this stupid storm. Oh well. Racking a crapload of beer today. Dry hopping 10 gal of house pale, dry hopping double black IPA, kegging Oktoberfest, bottling our apple brandy barrel RIS (soured a bit, soooo nice), rack and add vanilla to our winter solstice clone, and possibly bottle either a scotch ale or a belgian strong. Not sure how much I'm looking to bite off today. Either way, it'll keep me busy.
I don't think the Stoney Creek entries are actually getting picked up until Sunday. Call the store if you wanna drop stuff off today to see if they got picked up yet...

Old 11-03-2012, 11:58 AM   #223
corymcd
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfess1
Ha, that it does! I've just about got everything but the "bottle scotch or belgian strong" done. Going to let those two guys sit for at least another week or two. Scotch was done with some of that East Coast Yeast. Looking forward to how it comes out, then using that yeast for a barelywine to be brewed with my wife and BIL (from hawaii) while they are in town between christmas and new years.
Go Fess go!

Old 11-04-2012, 01:45 PM   #224
dfess1
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitmoe View Post
I don't think the Stoney Creek entries are actually getting picked up until Sunday. Call the store if you wanna drop stuff off today to see if they got picked up yet...
you had to register online, and that's closed though. I appreciate it. I will be up there banging down the door at 11 though!

From there I head to a members house where we have to pull our share of Soured IPA out of a barrel. Leave there and roll over to another guys house where we put 8 gal of a RIS into a fresh Heaven Hill Barrel back on Memorial Day. Then head home and bottle a crapload of beer! Good thing the Birds game is tomorrow night.

Old 11-05-2012, 08:06 PM   #225
milldoggy
Recipes 

Liked 56 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeckerWood
Hey, my name is Pete and I live in Langhorne, PA. I've been All-Grain Brewing for 2 years now and won a handful of awards doing it. I love competing and brewing on my days off. I currently do 2 x 10 gallon batches per brewday and keg all my beers with my 3-Tier Brewstand. I love anything with the name Blichmann on it and if I could sponsor any product, that would be it. I also bartend at PHL airport in Terminal F to help make flying more interesting. I meet a lot of homebrewers there!
Sitting at revive in terminal f right now

My hop stopper

Old 11-08-2012, 05:15 PM   #226
hungry4hops
Hop to it!
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 89 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 238

I live in aston grew up in havertown any brewers near by?

Old 12-13-2012, 07:41 PM   #227
SaevaVeritas
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Roxborough

Hey I'm in Roxy. Any one in the area interested in setting up a brew day sometime soon? I have a huge side yard and would be happy to host.

I am brewing BIAB all grain.

Old 12-13-2012, 08:02 PM   #228
dfess1
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

I'm over on the other side of the park (flourtown ish area). I was looking to possibly brew tomorrow if you're interested. But i'll be doing it out of my driveway. All depends on the weather tomorrow, and how much we drink tonight while assembling wooden beer crates.

My Stumps BBQ Clone Build

Old 12-13-2012, 10:45 PM   #229
SaevaVeritas
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfess1 View Post
I'm over on the other side of the park (flourtown ish area). I was looking to possibly brew tomorrow if you're interested. But i'll be doing it out of my driveway. All depends on the weather tomorrow, and how much we drink tonight while assembling wooden beer crates.
I would love to join. However I need to pick up my grains from lordura's grain buy before I can brew (tomorrow at 8pm). If you want to brew at all next week I am pretty available.

I have got 3-4 gallon sized bags of home grown hallertau and fuggles that I need to use soon!

Old 12-14-2012, 12:59 PM   #230
dfess1
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

There is a verrrrry large chance I'll be brewing a doppelbock next week. I'll keep you posted!

My Stumps BBQ Clone Build

Quick Reply