Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > Pennsylvania HomeBrew Forum > HOPS-BOPS 2012 Results?
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2012, 01:08 AM   #181
jwible204
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 385
Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

My Citra IPA placed 3rd in the category, it scored a 36. My Helles also scored a 36 but didn't place this time around. Sadly, my Imperial Pumpkin Ale didn't do very well. It recently came in 2nd at a Pumpkin Only competition among 20 beers, this time around it didn't score that well.

__________________
www.fivemilebrewingcompany.com
jwible204 is offline
jeremy0209 Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 02:18 AM   #182
jeremy0209
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Wernersville, PA
Posts: 169
Liked 18 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default

they haven't posted the results yet, so I have no idea how any of mine did. fingers crossed. Actually, the score and feedback is more important to me than placing, but placing is nice because it gives me something to brag to my douche nozzle brother in law about.

__________________
jeremy0209 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 02:20 AM   #183
Dukeman9988
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Blandon, Pa
Posts: 260
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default

http://schabc.brewcompetition.com/index.php
__________________
Dukeman9988 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 02:35 AM   #184
Dukeman9988
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Blandon, Pa
Posts: 260
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Took first in the English pale ale category, haven't gotten my score sheets back yet. Was the same beer that took third in hops bops comp

__________________
Dukeman9988 is offline
jeremy0209 Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 01:30 PM   #185
jeremy0209
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Wernersville, PA
Posts: 169
Liked 18 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default

Third in Belgian & French...my Porter and Pale Ale didn't place (both very good beers and probably received good scores, just not good enough). Can't wait to see the scoresheets.

__________________
jeremy0209 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 01:31 PM   #186
jeremy0209
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Wernersville, PA
Posts: 169
Liked 18 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukeman9988 View Post
Took first in the English pale ale category, haven't gotten my score sheets back yet. Was the same beer that took third in hops bops comp
Very nice!!
__________________
jeremy0209 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 01:37 PM   #187
Driver
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Driver's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 86
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukeman9988
Nope nothing yet. To be honest I don't have much faith in them coming either.
Nothing here yet. I'm hoping to also hear more about the Philly Beer Week event next May/June. Supposedly I qualified for that but I don't see a lot of info yet. I know I will need to brew again so that I have enough beer to pour.... Anyone done that one before?
__________________
Driver is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 01:37 PM   #188
jwible204
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 385
Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

If you log in to the website you will see your scores for each beer.

__________________
www.fivemilebrewingcompany.com
jwible204 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 01:38 PM   #189
jeremy0209
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Wernersville, PA
Posts: 169
Liked 18 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwible204 View Post
My Citra IPA placed 3rd in the category, it scored a 36. My Helles also scored a 36 but didn't place this time around. Sadly, my Imperial Pumpkin Ale didn't do very well. It recently came in 2nd at a Pumpkin Only competition among 20 beers, this time around it didn't score that well.
Congrats on the Citra. I'll bet the Imperial Pumpkin is awesome, too. I've noticed that subjectiveness plays a part in these comps. All that really matters is whether or not you enjoy it. Medals are great, but I don't want to be stuck with a first place beer that I don't really like.

EDIT: I think Driver is referring to Hops Bops. I haven't received my medal from that, either. Apparently, it was a real mess. I'm still not convinced that they sent me the right score sheet, but they say they did....and now the beer is gone.....and it was pretty awesome.
__________________
jeremy0209 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 05:40 PM   #190
jwible204
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 385
Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy0209 View Post
Congrats on the Citra. I'll bet the Imperial Pumpkin is awesome, too. I've noticed that subjectiveness plays a part in these comps. All that really matters is whether or not you enjoy it. Medals are great, but I don't want to be stuck with a first place beer that I don't really like.

EDIT: I think Driver is referring to Hops Bops. I haven't received my medal from that, either. Apparently, it was a real mess. I'm still not convinced that they sent me the right score sheet, but they say they did....and now the beer is gone.....and it was pretty awesome.
I see, I didn't enter Hops Bops and now I'm glad I missed it. What a fiasco.
__________________
www.fivemilebrewingcompany.com
jwible204 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2012 hops dbennett78 General Beer Discussion 16 09-15-2012 03:42 AM
2012 LA County Fair Results Are In... surferdrew California HomeBrew Forum 0 08-23-2012 04:57 AM
2012 National Homebrew Competition Results Brutus Brewer General Beer Discussion 17 05-07-2012 01:22 AM
USDA Hops Results GetSudz Hops Growing 20 10-13-2011 02:24 PM



Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS