Home Brew Forums

Home Brew Forums (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum.php)
-   Pennsylvania HomeBrew Forum (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f208/)
-   -   Great Frederick Fair (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f208/great-frederick-fair-136423/)

flyangler18 09-12-2009 08:52 PM

Great Frederick Fair
 
Who's going?

I'll be judging the homebrew entries along with some of my fellow FOAMers.

:mug:

flyangler18 09-13-2009 12:04 PM

Sunday morning bump - I'm judging Porter and Stout today.

dcbeerboy 09-14-2009 03:40 PM

i went. thanks for hating my beer. jerk. :mad:





;)

AnOldUR 09-14-2009 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyangler18 (Post 1544269)
Sunday morning bump - I'm judging Porter and Stout today.

So, how'd it go? First time judging with your new learned skills?




. . . except for having to drink dcbeerboy's nasty swill. :D



Edit:
Nice. Congratulations!
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

dcbeerboy 09-15-2009 12:29 PM

i don't know if mine was in the top 5 in the porter/stout category. i was too busy revelling in the fact that my american wheat, american barleywine, american IPA, and smoked porter all went to the best of show table :D

dataz722 09-15-2009 01:49 PM

You the only one that entered? :D

flyangler18 09-15-2009 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcbeerboy (Post 1548060)
i don't know if mine was in the top 5 in the porter/stout category. i was too busy revelling in the fact that my american wheat, american barleywine, american IPA, and smoked porter all went to the best of show table :D

There was a smoked porter entered in the Porter/Stout category, but we knocked it pretty bad because it was so far out of guidelines for any of the recognized categories. Should have been entered in Specialty.

flyangler18 09-15-2009 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnOldUR (Post 1546710)
So, how'd it go? First time judging with your new learned skills?

It was quite fun! There were some pretty shoddy beers entered - including a stout that was bursting with Brettanomyces (not by design!) and another that had absolutely no aroma of any kind. It might as well have been an American Light Lager dosed with Sinamar.

dcbeerboy 09-15-2009 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyangler18 (Post 1548284)
It was quite fun! There were some pretty shoddy beers entered - including a stout that was bursting with Brettanomyces and another that had absolutely no aroma of any kind. It might as well have been an American Light Lager dosed with Sinamar.

dude, why you gotta slaughter my black american lager in front of everyone?

flyangler18 09-15-2009 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcbeerboy (Post 1548318)
dude, why you gotta slaughter my black american lager in front of everyone?

What was it doing in Porter/Stout? ;)


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:53 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.