[Event Over] 12th Annual Capital City Invitational Beer Festival

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont know who is going to be there and I cant go this year but every year I have been in the past its been an awesome event. I would suggest going to the late session though its a blast.

It looks like that is the one I will be forced to go to since the only friend that can go works until 4:00pm. Even with that I might have to go by myslef which sucks, but whatever I can enjoy with someone or alone. :)

The breweries are similar to Troeg's fest (due to geography), but ABC's is a great time. I used to work there up until last year. I am volunteering on Saturday, and will be pouring for Westy's Beer Distributor. They're sending Southern Tier Harvest Ale, Blue Point Rastafar Rye, Tommyknocker Oaked Butthead Bock, and Shipyard Pumpkinhead Ale. The great thing is the food is included at ABC.

maybe that is the way to inject some new beers into fests by having places like westy's pour "different" beers than what here. I would like to see other breweries come down instead of the usual set of Market Cross, Troegs, ABC, Lancaster, and the Philly set. There is nothing wrong with any of them, it will just be the fourth fest (2 Troegs and the 11th annual Cap) in a row that I have had their beers.

I'll probably be there the first session and head over the McGrath's or Shady's afterwards.

I will be at the brewfest for the 8-11 session. Are any of you that are from the area part of the local home brew club? I have recieved the emails but have never met up with them. I know they have a table for the brew fest so I plan on talking to them down there. Anyone also considering Stoudts Microfest Oct 17-18??? I am thinking about camping for that one!

I think I am going to go to the 8-11 session also. Is anyone going by themself? I feel like such a looser going alone, but both my buddies who are into beer are not going to be able to make it now. I have not gone to one of these before and I don't want to be that guy standing in the corner, lol.

Also, how do tickets work at the door? I just tired ordering ticket for the 8-11 session and they showed up. Then I went to check out and it said they are sold out. Now I can only get tickets for the morning session and I am not going there for breakfast.

*UPDATE* I just called and I can go pick them up tonight and get tickets for $30, but I am at work, so I guess I will just pay at the door tomorrow.

:confused:

The "morning" session started at Noon.

Well, that is still morning when you are out drinking the night before, lol. I ended up not going since everyone bailed. I am interested to hear how it was though. I am going to try to go next year. Right now I am trying to get tickets to Brews Brats and Bands which is going to be at the York Revolutions on October 10th, but the ticket office will not answer the phone.

Back