Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > Pennsylvania HomeBrew Forum > Buzz off competition

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2012, 02:21 AM   #11
2BorNot
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Is the drop off locations cold storage as well?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2012, 12:46 PM   #12
vtbiscuit
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BorNot View Post
Is the drop off locations cold storage as well?
No, the drop off locations do not have cold storage for the competition entries. In my experience, this is generally not the case for most competition drop-offs. Typically, the entries will be held/stored at room temperature until 3 to 4 days before the competition and then they are put into cold storage at the judging location (which is Iron Hill Brewery in West Chester, PA for the BUZZ OFF). That being said, your beer won't be left in the sun or in the trunk of a car as mentioned before. The BUZZ Homebrew Club has been doing the BUZZ OFF for almost 20 years, and the process has worked well in the past.

Dave
Spaceman Brewing
Facebook | Twitter | BUZZ Homebrew Club

Old 05-15-2012, 03:07 PM   #13
Beernewb
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

thanks for the response and info (never entered a contest before), I was just funnin about the trunk..I have an American Brown that I did that I just bottled 5 days ago, so I am going to be playing it close here with that one if I enter...my beers are usually carb'd in 4 or 5 days, but I transferred this to a secondary (not my usual practice) and dry hopped it so it seems to be lagging a bit in the carbonation dept. I guess I'll open another one Saturday and hopefully it will show enough progress for me to bring it out....I actully combined two yeasts (PACMAN and London Ale) for this beer and it really attentuated out and cleared in 5 weeks time. I've never needed to add yeast at bottling in the past, hopefully this won't be a first, because the beer itself turned out pretty nice.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:52 PM   #14
tojo
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I'm in!!

I love a good train wreck!!

Old 05-19-2012, 01:55 AM   #15
2BorNot
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I just dropped of my entries today at How Do You Brew. A question for the coordinator; do you send an email confirmation saying you received our entries? Just so we can be at peace knowing you have received our blood, sweat and tears and it wasn’t lost in transit between the drop off and the judging location.

Old 05-19-2012, 01:08 PM   #16
Beernewb
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

ugg..one of mine is just taking it's good ole time carbonating. going to drp off at home sweet homebrew today, hopefully it carbs enough by cold storage time.

Old 05-20-2012, 03:09 PM   #17
AnOldUR
fer-men-TAY-shuhn

Recipes 

Liked 573 Times on 416 Posts
Likes Given: 441

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtbiscuit View Post
The BUZZ Homebrew Club has been doing the BUZZ OFF for almost 20 years, and the process has worked well in the past.
Thumbs up to BUZZ. Nice simple and concise, but thorough website and entry form. I entered a couple of competitions recently where this was not the case. It’s great dealing with an experienced club like yours.

Had a new recipe for an American IPA that I wanted some feedback on. Just kegged it yesterday. Used the PET bottle / Carbonator Cap "shake and bake" method to get a couple of bottles ready and off to the drop site at the last minute. Not ideal, but looking forward to hearing the judges thoughts.

Hope to make it out to Iron Hill on the 2nd to meet people and share some beers.

Old 05-21-2012, 03:25 PM   #18
pjj2ba
Look under the recliner

Recipes 

Liked 195 Times on 161 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnOldUR View Post
Thumbs up to BUZZ. Nice simple and concise, but thorough website and entry form. I entered a couple of competitions recently where this was not the case. It’s great dealing with an experienced club like yours.

Had a new recipe for an American IPA that I wanted some feedback on. Just kegged it yesterday. Used the PET bottle / Carbonator Cap "shake and bake" method to get a couple of bottles ready and off to the drop site at the last minute. Not ideal, but looking forward to hearing the judges thoughts.

Hope to make it out to Iron Hill on the 2nd to meet people and share some beers.
We might head down. Wife is considering. Might first stop at Longwood gardens. Need to get out of town.........

I've got two new beers I want feed back on and a very nice traditional bock that should do well.
Primary: Pale Ale
Brewing soon: Saison
Recently kicked : ( IPA, Bock, Saison,
Pilsner Urquell Master Homebrewer
(1st NYC 2011, 2nd NYC 2012)
P U crowns winners in its inaugural master HB competition

Old 05-21-2012, 03:29 PM   #19
AnOldUR
fer-men-TAY-shuhn

Recipes 

Liked 573 Times on 416 Posts
Likes Given: 441

If you do make it, bring your AHA card. Iron Hill does 20% off food and drink!

Old 05-21-2012, 03:37 PM   #20
vtbiscuit

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BorNot View Post
I just dropped of my entries today at How Do You Brew. A question for the coordinator; do you send an email confirmation saying you received our entries? Just so we can be at peace knowing you have received our blood, sweat and tears and it wasn’t lost in transit between the drop off and the judging location.
With the number of entries that we receive (400+), emailing out a confirmation would be difficult to do. If you dropped of your entry at a shop, then it will be fine (as should those through other means). Do note that if we receive any broken entries, we will contact you per the info on your entry form.

We are always looking at ways to improve our process for the BUZZ OFF, so, as we get through this one and look to future events, we'll see if we can figure out an easy way to do something like this.

Dave
Spaceman Brewing
Facebook | Twitter | BUZZ Homebrew Club

Quick Reply