Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > Pennsylvania HomeBrew Forum > Any altoona pa brewers?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2013, 12:41 AM   #31
DerrangedPOJO
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewItYourself View Post
Edit: I don't think I'm actually allowed to directly answer this question being we're a business. I'll let someone else tell you where we are.

sorry about that,

~Jason
LOL, understood... I live In Everett which is just east of bedford. I dont get to j-town too often. But i will visit soon!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2013, 01:18 PM   #32
cmor
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewItYourself View Post
Edit: I don't think I'm actually allowed to directly answer this question being we're a business. I'll let someone else tell you where we are.

sorry about that,

~Jason
The way I usually come up to see you guys is via Rt 36. I find it a bit easier/faster that way.

Rt 36 North from Altoona
At the Stop Except Right Turn sign in Chest Springs, stop, then go straight.
Follow that road(slight left after less than a block) about 3 miles.
Shop's on the Right.

I haven't been up in a while, but I hope to change that soon.

Steve

Old 08-16-2013, 06:42 AM   #33
satownsend
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I live in Ebensburg. I've been brewing for about 2 years. I use the BIAB method and love it.

Old 08-17-2013, 08:17 PM   #34
johnny1211
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Oak Spring Brew Club

I know the Oak Spring Brew club was mentioned in here a few times, so here's an update. Oak Spring had a table at the famer's marker in Hollidaysburg the other day and I asked about the brew club. The guy said the club fell apart due to members wanting to do their own thing. They are currently taking names and phone numbers of people interested in starting up a club again. He said there are only a few people on the list. To get on the list, you're supposed to contact the main winery in Altoona. He didn't have any clue as to when it would be up and running.

Old 08-20-2013, 03:19 PM   #35
cmor
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny1211 View Post
I know the Oak Spring Brew club was mentioned in here a few times, so here's an update. Oak Spring had a table at the famer's marker in Hollidaysburg the other day and I asked about the brew club. The guy said the club fell apart due to members wanting to do their own thing. They are currently taking names and phone numbers of people interested in starting up a club again. He said there are only a few people on the list. To get on the list, you're supposed to contact the main winery in Altoona. He didn't have any clue as to when it would be up and running.
Thanks for the update. I'd be interested in checking it out.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:28 PM   #36
LazyDogBrewing
Recipes 

I just joined the forum, and I came across this. I'm from Altoona, and I've been brewing for couple of years now. I brew all grain batches.

There is a club here in Altoona. I don't know much about them. I inquired about them a few years ago. I believe they meet at the railroaders museum... something like every second or third Thursday of the month. If you want more info on this club, I'd suggest shooting the brewers at Marzoni's for details. They will be able to give you a contact email.

As far as Bootleggers goes, yes he does have weird hours. He orders most of his beer making supplies from LD Carlson: http://www.ldcarlson.com/public%20catalog/ptoc.htm
He usually has the bare necessities out there. I don't buy much from him. Honestly, I like the wider variety of malts, hops, and yest from the online stores. I'd sacrifice a body part for a good homebrew shop that has a little more than bare bones.

Quick Reply